PDA

View Full Version : Been A Long Time Since We had 7500 Online - DCEmu News Update

wraggster
August 27th, 2012, 20:48
This isnt a newspost and for many not interesting, but this week thanks to a double slashdotting we reached 7500 Online at one time. Our Record for the site was an impressive 8,960 Online back in February 2007 and if memory serves me right it was when the Wii was cracked for Homebrew.

This week we got the viewers because of a Mario Game on the Atari 2600 and also an Ebay Auction for Final Fantasy 2 (english version).

Whilst we will always be a Homebrew site that stays on the right side of the law, we have always posted about the commercial side of things (we all buy the consoles for the games first then homebrew right?) and at the moment, because Homebrew has gone very quiet the commercial side is vastly more noticeable with news.

Though the network isnt in the greatest of shapes, the hacking early last year and a couple of times before and server crashes wiped out our downloads but we are still here and everything is searchable should you need it again, infact if you want a specific file then post in this forum (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forums/333-DCEmu-Bug-Reports-Forum) and ill personally do my best to find the download required.

This week we have installed new software so that this forum stays family friendly and we hope you can all remember that.

Those of you who have news, releases or even reviews can do so in our News forum here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forums/117-The-Submit-News-Releases-Reviews-Interviews-and-Tutorials-Forum

Thanks for visiting our truly Independant Network.

PSPdemon
August 28th, 2012, 04:57
Eyup.. And 7490 of them are bots

Congrats.

Thanks for everything,
PSPdemon

shadowprophet
August 28th, 2012, 06:18
So I'm just going to post it right here. 7500 online.. why is this not reflecting in the forums.. where is all the staff and news posters and accommodations that a site that vast needs to function properly.. wraggster you need to set up a staff meeting and actually speak to and listen to your crew..

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

Shrygue
August 28th, 2012, 14:27
Gotta agree with PSPdemon, most were just bots. Also, a staff meeting needs to happen very soon as well, with you included SP.

shadowprophet
August 28th, 2012, 16:29
I suppose it's time that I did state my own wishes.. few people know this. I did not lose my staff status.. I stepped down and asked Kaiser and darksaviour to make me a member. The best part of this community was it's people.. I grew fond of this community, it's users. I no longer wanted to be someone who enforced rules and regations on a community that had shown me such warmth and respect..

There came a time. When many of the members I had to impose rules on where already my close friends... I would rather stand with my friends then against them. Just as I stand with you now shrygue..

Dcemu taught me so much and was a great experience for me.. my only wish is to pay this community back for everything it has given me.. I seek no status or power... I have many powerful friends like you shry.. I have no need for personal power or status.. if I can do something to help better this community. I will always be around and always have the friends and support I need to help make that happen.. I am much happier without the chains of staffhood instructing my free speach as it once did ;)

you and the staffers I defend and represent are more then capable of running this ship and leading it back to greatness if wraggster would just allow you guys to use your years of experience running a community to better this place..

Shrygue
August 28th, 2012, 16:45
I remember that from ages ago, you wishing to step down from the staff front which is very admirable. It's been so long since we've had any real activity, all those discussions and debates. We need to get this back on track to how it should be, despite the homebrew scene as a whole having slowed to a lot over the years. There's still stuff out here without going into the subject of warez and such.

shadowprophet
August 28th, 2012, 16:52
Dc-emu no one seems to speak of emulation much any more. It is a great solid scene.. that is still as hot as ever if not even more.. we could offer legal legitimate emulators and rom (patches ) there is still a homebrew scene albeit dimmer the. It once was. It is still our duty and responsibility to cover it.. and as for emulation.. it will never die.. it's a pretty solid stable scene..

And this is just personal opinion. But I feel the popularity of smartphones is now at an all time on fire high.. scenic should reflect and mirror this heat by showing more support for the mobile smartphone gaming/emulation scene.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

shadowprophet
August 29th, 2012, 01:40
Forgive me my double post. I know it's forum dogma and a taboo to do such...

There was a great fictional leader of a of a vast fictional community. His story and the manor in which he governed his kingdom was so influential that many great leaders in the real world followed his example of how to properly lead a community..

He chose knights and they would all sit at a table that had no head and no throne.. all the seats where seats of equal power and the table was made round so as each knight knew that his opinion and status at that table where respected as not only friends, but as equals..

This king did this thing as a sign of the great respect and value that he placed on his chosen knights..

The king knew that his true power was not the crown on his head or the title of king.. his true power was that he had a group of (friends) willing to fight, carry out his will and even die for him, and the reason they did this for this king was because this king respected them for their loyalty and kinship and treated them as equals to himself...

This story is not just a fairy tail, it is an example of how to properly and successfully lead... if one can not build a leadership based on these principles,..then that persons power is doomed to fizzle out and that persons kingdom is bound to fall apart..

I am almost tempted to spell it out in crayon for you wraggster..
You have many staffers that have came in and worked long hard hours on this community to make it a better place and their only payment was their love for this community.. you need to treat your knights better if you want to be a successful king of a successful community....