PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of Clocking the PSP to 333 mhz

tential
January 9th, 2007, 23:18
What are the benefits of clocking the psp to 333 mhz and what difference is it from the normal clock speed. Where do you notice the difference, what type of firmware are you using, how are you loading the game?

Tetris999
January 10th, 2007, 00:45
theres a reason why many did not answer, ill just say this

everything is done faster, loading times etc etc etc no slowdowns

aCoL
January 10th, 2007, 01:20
i assume with this improvment comes over heating risks ?

vision
January 10th, 2007, 01:52
What are the benefits of clocking the psp to 333 mhz and what difference is it from the normal clock speed. Where do you notice the difference, what type of firmware are you using, how are you loading the game?
Well 1st off your psp runs faster, the difference is that it will load games faster you will notice the changes when you play games. Firmware doesnt matter and you load the game as you would normally

i assume with this improvment comes over heating risks ?

No, psp was built to run on 333 but sony underclocked it because while youre on 333 it drains your battery faster, and they didnt wasnt ds to have a longer lasting time then them

juggaleaux
January 10th, 2007, 02:18
Well 1st off your psp runs faster, the difference is that it will load games faster you will notice the changes when you play games.

So now I can load a match in SmackDown vs Raw 2006 after only 3 minutes of loading instead of 5? :p

tential
January 10th, 2007, 02:19
I mean like personal example like "I was playing Midnight Club 3 and it used to take 3 minutes to load and now only takes 1". What is the approximate amount of time you save and is it worth the battery life. For me everything is on the Memstick so I have seen impressive loadtimes already. When playing Tekken I have never seen a load time of over 2 seconds. I don't see how clocking the psp to 333 mhz can help when in all the games I have played so far I can't remember what the loading screen even looks like.

vision
January 10th, 2007, 02:53
Yes it will speed up loading times...But maybe alot or maybe not at all, also youw ont notice any difference unless you look for example GTA VCS will not show gray streets and stuff like that

ICE
January 10th, 2007, 04:02
it only speeds up games that use 222mhz NOT games that already run at 333mhz like lcs i think

M Dash
January 10th, 2007, 10:22
I'm used to play OutRun 2006 on my PSP (using the image of the game in the MS) and between levels the game "jumps" a little the frames while it's loading... Still, using 333 MHz doesn't improve at all.

scottyboynow
January 10th, 2007, 16:59
The battery drain is the worst part. Basiccally on 22mhz you are a 2.5L V6 but when you are on 333mhz you are a fuel-draining 4L V8, But performance will increase, for instance gPSP for me will only play without any stutter when its at 333mhz and i get 2/3 hours gameplay.

g00gy
January 10th, 2007, 17:43
if you dont overclock games start to lagg and play choppy. outrun a good example and many many others.

carpy
January 10th, 2007, 17:56
I'm used to play OutRun 2006 on my PSP (using the image of the game in the MS) and between levels the game "jumps" a little the frames while it's loading... Still, using 333 MHz doesn't improve at all.

You've gotta run OUtRun as a straight ISO. if you compress it, you get jumpy lags.

g00gy
January 10th, 2007, 18:50
You've gotta run OUtRun as a straight ISO. if you compress it, you get jumpy lags.

Even when not compressed it still seems to be choppy also bad fps problem (frameskipping). overclocking is the best fix for smooth gameplay.

gymnotropic
January 10th, 2007, 19:19
In GTA:LCS the frame rate goes up about 10~20 FPS when clocked at 333/160. Also, things just plain load better.

scottyboynow
January 10th, 2007, 19:40
At 333mhz GTA:VCS for me runs sweet.