PDA

View Full Version : TA-082 2.71 to 1.50 then 3.03 OE A2?

jwilds73
January 10th, 2007, 04:49
Ok I've upgraded both my non TA-082 PSP's to 3.03 OE A2 from 1.50 and have downgraded multiple PSP's from 2.00 to 1.50 before. And had just recently downgraded my second PSP from 2.71 to 1.50 then to 3.03 OE A2 before doing it to my normal PSP.

Anyway's can I downgrade my nephew's 2.71 TA-082 to 1.50 then use the 3.03 OE A custom (and A2 update) firmware install like normal? IE: just like I installed it on my non TA-082 PSP's?

jwilds73
January 10th, 2007, 09:01
Well I read around on a few other sites and made sure it could be done and decided to try it tonight. Everything went well, after downgrading to 1.50 I had a wierd bug where the screen would go black when the power was plugged in instead of going to full brightness. So I reset to default settings and this seemed to fix it. I then successfully upgraded to 3.03 OE A2 and everything seems fine. I tossed my 4 gig card in and tested some backups and ran a PSX game no problem. So I left my nephews with my 1 gig card with a few things on it till their dad can get them a 4 gig themselves. So now I can add a successful downgrade and upgrade to custom firmware on a TA-082 to my list. Which makes me happy because I would have had to give the kids my second PSP if I bricked theirs.

Tetris999
January 10th, 2007, 20:56
Well I read around on a few other sites and made sure it could be done and decided to try it tonight. Everything went well, after downgrading to 1.50 I had a wierd bug where the screen would go black when the power was plugged in instead of going to full brightness. So I reset to default settings and this seemed to fix it. I then successfully upgraded to 3.03 OE A2 and everything seems fine. I tossed my 4 gig card in and tested some backups and ran a PSX game no problem. So I left my nephews with my 1 gig card with a few things on it till their dad can get them a 4 gig themselves. So now I can add a successful downgrade and upgrade to custom firmware on a TA-082 to my list. Which makes me happy because I would have had to give the kids my second PSP if I bricked theirs.

i wouldnt risk my psp for that then :(

even if you didnt want to see a psp which could be hombrewable go down the drain :p

carpy
January 10th, 2007, 21:02
All PSP's are downgradeable/homebrewable now.

scottyboynow
January 10th, 2007, 21:05
Except For 2.81+

jwilds73
January 10th, 2007, 21:38
i wouldnt risk my psp for that then :(

even if you didnt want to see a psp which could be hombrewable go down the drain :p

I got two PSP's already and I waited till now when I knew the TA-082 downgrader was very stable and legit. I just wanted to make sure the 3.03 OE A2 update went exactly the same on a TA-082. Plus the second PSP always comes with me to their house other then that it sits at home. And only gets loaned to the boss on saturday nights when she closes . I only bought it to mess around alittle more with flash and not mess my main PSP up. Anyway's it all works great none of the wifi bugs that devhook has are there. I can play two player games with my nephew's running the umd and me running a cso file. And I've dug alot of my PSX games out and have been ripping and converting them to run on the PSP's. I'm probably just going to sell the second PSP to a friend now that I got everything figured out that I wanted too.