PDA

View Full Version : M3 DS Simply Homebrew compatibilities

Lex24
January 11th, 2007, 00:37
===To get to the question scroll down, first is a little background information.===

So I basically stumbled across this today, I'd been thinking of getting a flash cart for a while. Specifically an M3 Lite (or a similar micro SD unit from the M3 range) and I decided I was going to get it with part of my paycheck this month. So quel surprise when I check the M3 site and find the DS Simply. Not only is it a lot slicker looking than the 2 slot solutions it's also cheaper too.

===Question time.===

The only things I want to know before I hit buy is this:
- Does it support SCUMMVM DS? (Most interested in)
- DOOM DS? (Least interested in)
- NES/SNES/Other older platform emulaters? (Fairly interested in as well)

I know it doesn't support GBA emulation but I can live with that.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

DanTheManMS
January 11th, 2007, 02:48
I'm not really sure about most of your questions, but you should know that the most capable of the SNES emulators for the DS, SnezziDS, will only run on devices that have GBA support. There's still SNES DS, which is old and uses the far-from-perfect SNES Advance graphics engine, and SNEmulDS, which isn't fullspeed yet and has issues with many games. SnezziDS has its flaws too, but I would consider it the most advanced of the three. Sorry I can't answer more of your questions though.

Diddl
January 11th, 2007, 13:13
the fatlib driver for M3 DS simply are out. so you only have to compile homebrew again with new lib.

in a few weeks (with next version) will run all homebrew with DSsimply.

for DSdoom I have done it myself. contact me if you want it.

souLLy
January 11th, 2007, 13:14
scumm-vm not yet

DanTheManMS
January 12th, 2007, 01:23
Unfortunately, none of the SNES emulators use the new DLDI system. SNES DS has been dead for a year now and SnezziDS uses a completely different filesystem that would be difficult to modify, although the author of SNEmulDS said that he'd take a look at it this weekend.

psxstar
January 25th, 2007, 21:07
A very good question that i also ask myself i order a simply m3 also last days should come soon,is there a realistic chance that a snes emulator or scumm emulator comes out here in dcemu forum?i hope that my choice to buy this exept m3 light perfect was not a error :rolleyes: there are so much homebrews but all slot 2~~ so i ask the ops if they know something new :) i want to play ffVI or monkey island on NDS thats would be cool hope that my dream dont brake^^:o

DanTheManMS
January 26th, 2007, 00:10
SNEmulDS recently upgraded to the new DLDI system, so you should be able to play at least some games on a slot-1 card. Compatibility isn't the greatest, but it works for some games.

Watto
January 29th, 2007, 20:06
Scumm 091abeta2 just released with dldi compatability. You need to patch scumm with dlditool, and then scumm works great and will save to M3 DS Simply, and load obviously...

Here's the link for download

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=3332

Make sure you read the readme, all will become clear.