PDA

View Full Version : Guide?

Mister Klownes
January 12th, 2007, 00:16
Greetings to the sparse handful of souls who might see this post. I've been following the PSP homebrew scene for about a year now, but have just modded my PS2 (finally.) I see there's little to no info to be had on the PS2 homebrew front. Is it just not a big scene, or is DCEmu just not host to much of it? In any case, if someone would guide a noob willing to learn, I'd very much like to know all there is about what can be done with a modded PS2, short of play backup and import games.

Tesseract
January 18th, 2007, 02:39
I agree... For a console that one can simply exploit rather than mod, the PS2's homebrew scene is sadly lacking. Hell, I still use my DreamCast for NES emulatioin simply because the only PS2 option that even WORKS is still rather buggy.

Unfortunately, I can't follow my typical maxim of 'if noone else does it, do it yourself' because I'm rather terrible with programming. :(

The utility that get the most activity on my PS2 is actually SMS... a REALLY well done media player that quite fluidly streams Divx/xviD and MP3 media over a network. Doesn't take a lot of work to set up properly, and can even be fooled into reading AVI and MP3 files off of a DVD.

Start with uLaunchELF, though, and that'll be a gateway into more fun. This site's one of my main haunts to find out what's new (in rare occasions where new stuff actually HAPPENS.) So just poke around a bit!