PDA

View Full Version : Dark_Alex vs Sony?!?!?!?

madcupid
January 12th, 2007, 04:09
Alright, now, is it just me or Dark_Alex has made more people happy in the past couple of weeks than sony has in a long, long time. I bet you guys if HE was a, let's say, Microsoft company kinda thing, there would be no room left for sony. What do you guys think, cause seriously man, the guy himself seems to be doing more work to satisfy the PSP owners than sony!!!(Not even to mention the "size" difference) Big thanks to him (THE MAN) and that he can keep up the great work thats making half of the world happier each and every day!!!:) :) :thumbup: :thumbup:

flame0247
January 12th, 2007, 04:18
I agree , I proably wouldnt buy the psp if it wasnt homebrew so Dark needs much more credit for all those people buying psps

ExcruciationX
January 12th, 2007, 05:01
I agree. Sony has and will be pwned by this guy.

Destroyer699
January 12th, 2007, 05:15
It's actually quite sad when you think about it.

Sony is a major company with hundreds of workers, big funds, and enough resources to make great things. They could easily satisify millions.

One person, with no funds, no workers, and no resources except for a few PSPs and only his own knowledge combined with public tools availible for little or no money is doing a better job with a major companys product than the company itself.

A single person who thinks of the consumer before the pay is doing a better job with the PSP and satisfying more people than Sony ever could with a firmware update.

Sony, get your act together. We don't want to seem unprofessional, do we? C'mon.

shawn23
January 12th, 2007, 05:48
I agree DX is the MAN!

aCoL
January 12th, 2007, 06:54
lets not forget sony has accsess to the kernal, all the sys calls, knows how the nitty gritty works right off the bat dax had to learn it though a very VERY difficult to read and understand way...reveng

bah
January 12th, 2007, 07:57
Sorry to play devils advocate, but sony COULD include all the featured DAX (with his brilliant work against sony's security measures) has added. Its not that they don't know how or aren't aware people would like these features. They choose to add restrictions to try to make more money. Companies exist to make profit.

Sony want to make money from the psp, the fact that means people have to like the psp as a console is only a small part of it.

They would rather you buy one, liked it less, but then spent all your time on it with purchased ps1 and UMD games.

If DAX was to be a head honcho in gaming at M$, do you think the rest of the company would take well to 'lets allow people to run any game they want for nothing'?

Its apples and oranges, sony makes the psp and tries to make a profit from it, DAX lifts their restrictions and gives away his work to others.
Sure that makes dax more of a humanitarian, but he's not a company trying to make money.

If you asked me who I 'liked' more I'd say DAX, I have no vested interest in sony making a profit and love what his software allows. I'm there's a brilliant guy like DAX breaking all of sony's annoying restrictions but I don't really hold it against sony for creating them in the first place.
If I were a major shareholder in sony then perhaps it'd be different.

Feel free to flame all you wish.

vision
January 12th, 2007, 08:07
Sometimes i feel bad for sony lol

But guy if sony didnt make updates we would be stuck at 1.0

DAX mods what sony makes, He doesnt make stuff but he is still a freakin genious

razorak
January 12th, 2007, 08:53
Nevertheless we must still keep in mind that it is Sony that provided us with the PSP...in a way...

Accordion
January 12th, 2007, 09:32
remember the root

Bytrix
January 12th, 2007, 17:21
What Dark Alex does is awesome.. for us who use it. There are more people NOT playing homebrew than there are actually using it.

From the perspective of those people they look forward to the new games coming out and new releases. Most of them are content with what Sony are doing. Especially those who have just got a PS3 and are enjoying their PSX games from the Sony Store... Alot of them don't even know the PSP can be hacked to play virtually all PSX games and they are happy with what they have.

Us homebrew users and developers are spoilt for choice with the work of Dark Alex, Booster and other developers. We are very happy with all the choice we have and the functions we have for our PSPs but that's because we are greedy buggers and we want more more more!!!

:D

And ofcourse what was previously said is correct. Sony makes way more money from selling their consoles/games/UMDs/Sony Store than it ever will if they simply enable homebrew abilities. They'd end up putting the price up for the base unit because they would be inviting end users NOT to by games and UMD movies.

The big thing at the moment is the PSX emulator, everyone has to remember without Sony we wouldn't be playing these near perfect PSX games on our PSPs right now.

Mr.Denny
January 12th, 2007, 18:22
It`s quite simple- DAX and other coders don`t have to worry about copyright so it`s pretty much an open field for them. Sony on the other hand, being a company that tends to go about things LEGALLY don`t have the luxury in gettng the same freedom coders get. Still, although Sony haven`t done much to help the PSP i still don`t like this 'us vs them" mentality. Lets all grow up a little.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
January 12th, 2007, 19:43
No competition really DA offers customers what they want $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ONY dont.

samohtaz76
January 13th, 2007, 01:48
We gotta remember Sony is in it to make money and you can't fault them for that.But what alex and his friends are doing is exactly what we are supposed to do with technology(software at least)share; )

stotheamuel
January 13th, 2007, 02:14
It`s quite simple- DAX and other coders don`t have to worry about copyright so it`s pretty much an open field for them. Sony on the other hand, being a company that tends to go about things LEGALLY don`t have the luxury in gettng the same freedom coders get. Still, although Sony haven`t done much to help the PSP i still don`t like this 'us vs them" mentality. Lets all grow up a little.

Agreed.

And what do you expect. Of coarse they want money.. It's a company. If they lost too much money. No psp. Which also means no homebrew... unless Dark Alex knows how to make psps too..and then he'll give them away for free right?

Tetris999
January 13th, 2007, 18:21
this is not a war its just using your psp for something else man... whats up with this mentality? anyway keep going DA its fun to use our psp's more often

madcupid
January 14th, 2007, 06:11
no one is sayin this is a war or something, my only point is that sony could've done much more for its customers than it has, and if it wasnt for homebrew at all maybe the psp wouldnt have become so popular...but it seems like once they start selling more(for whatever reason;homebrew in this case) they dont wanna do much...just like somebody else ssaid it before; its not that they dont know it, they just dont wanna do it!

madcupid
January 14th, 2007, 06:13
and im not puttin Dark_Alex against sony in any way...(think outside of the box man, remember history class???) im just trying to put out what everyone else is seeing and come on man, we know that.

qskint
January 14th, 2007, 15:40
if it wasnt for sony what the hell would you all be discussing?

gdf
January 14th, 2007, 16:33
it's a shame for the many psp users who are ignorant of the homebrew scene, as they don't get all the ace stuff we get. but i suppose the more people there are the more piracy there will be. also it's nice to have a smaller fanbase of appreciative users than a large fanbase of semi-satisfied users, so hats of to Dark_AleX

madcupid
January 15th, 2007, 01:26
if it wasnt for sony what the hell would you all be discussing?
and if it wsnt for the homebrew scene (all the coders, staff, users, etc) where would you be posting??

Tetris999
January 15th, 2007, 02:27
and if it wsnt for the homebrew scene (all the coders, staff, users, etc) where would you be posting??

the ds forums!

homebrew is number 1 for piracy on the psp, even if you got morals not to go near that stuff

"cough" ISO folder on root of ure mem stick "cough"