PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Portable Ops PAL version to get new Content

Vega
January 12th, 2007, 13:48
Konami has announced that its forthcoming European versions of Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops title for PSP will benefit from a wealth exciting additions exclusive to European users.

Scheduled for release April, 2007, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops is an all-new installment in Hideo Kojima’s legendary Metal Gear Solid series. Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops features a full stealth-action single player story mode and key wireless features allowing players to recruit and play as a unique squadron of battle-hardened mercenaries. The European versions of the game will also include a series of exclusive elements, including new game maps, characters and missions.

Set in 1970, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops follows directly on from the events of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, with the player assuming the role of series hero Snake (aka Big Boss), as he puts together the elite FOXHOUND unit made famous in earlier Metal Gear titles, and is instigating a bloody revolt with his treacherous FOX unit. Heralding the return of many notable characters from the Metal Gear series, Portable Ops acts as the climax to a major portion of the ongoing Metal Gear timeline, as players participate in the events that directly lead into later games in the series, including the great tragedy that determines Big Boss’ future path.

European users will enjoy 12 more characters than existing Japanese and US users, while the careers of the available characters have been expanded to highlight their key attributes – athleticism or physical strength, for instance.

The recruiting element is unique to Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, with various possibilities to increase your number of team-mates. Making superb use of the wireless functionality of the PSP, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops lets players scan access points (AP) by using the game’s AP SCAN function. Depending on the unique MAC address provided by the access point, players can access a specific wireless AP character and recruit them as a new team-mate. Certain rare and unique characters will be available only via access point scanning, giving users further incentives to play in different locations and add new members to their squads.

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops also features support for online battles in ten areas specifically designed for multiplayer encounters – two more than the US and Japanese version of the game – letting up to six players take their custom squads online and battle in stealthy encounters across several different modes of play. Using a unique White Flag mechanic, players can choose to surrender and fight again or risk permanently losing one of their valuable comrades. Players can also wirelessly trade characters with others, building a squadron that is best suited to dominate the online competition.

chrisnoob
January 12th, 2007, 14:13
sounds good to me

Psyberjock
January 12th, 2007, 16:27
Once again, Sony is screwing over the early adopters. They're just BEGGING for people to get this from somewhere other than a local store.

gdf
January 12th, 2007, 18:39
kooool. this will rock your frickin socks off!

F9zDark
January 12th, 2007, 20:34
Well I hope these missions can be downloaded to the memory stick for those of us who got the game early.

whitey75
January 12th, 2007, 21:44
Some might same it's justice. Why should European gamers get sloppy seconds after the Japenese and US markets.

Bout time they stopped shafting us and gave us something special. :p

Plowking
January 13th, 2007, 00:04
Well American's got a beefed up version of Pursuit Force because it was last out there....................

*cough*

........................ :)

acn010
January 13th, 2007, 00:07
woot!!!
now what........
i so like metal gear!!!!!!!!

Im Not Staying
January 13th, 2007, 20:31

Apoklepz
January 14th, 2007, 03:36
I'm probably selling my US version now.