PDA

View Full Version : firmware updare problem

leigh
April 4th, 2005, 19:07
i cant get the firmware 4 jap psp's to work on mine, it startsthen goes to a screen saying "the game could not be started(80020148)". any ideas what this means or how to get it to work?

peanut
April 4th, 2005, 19:26
try downloading the firmware again....the file may be corrupt,
make sure your not trying to install jap firmware on us psp

psplover
April 4th, 2005, 19:42
Jap firmware on a US psp doesnt give you errors. It works fine. Only problem is the US firmware is the new Jap firmware so it will already be installed.

aseddon130
April 4th, 2005, 19:50
make sure you got the power adapter plugged into the PSP at the same time aswell - it requests it when you load it up

leigh
April 4th, 2005, 20:05
sorted it, i had called the folder "updates" and it didnt work, removed the file and renamed folder "UPDATE" and it worked first time. cheers peeps

Pecks2005
April 4th, 2005, 20:12
wen u try 2 update the firmware is the a umd in the drive? if so take it out and run the update again cos i erd that if there is that it will not update or u my have accidently placed the update in the game directory on ur memory stick hope dis helps

Pecks2005
April 4th, 2005, 20:25
sorry i didn't state the process to well heres a link to a lik-sang page that describes the exact process http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3605
if you still have problems check out the liksang forum as there are lots of threads explaining things to do with the update hope this helps

peanut
April 4th, 2005, 22:11
has anyone tried portscanning the psp while its downloading the firmware?

leigh
April 5th, 2005, 18:19
peanut, you just got way to technical for me dude!!!

xomeboy
June 13th, 2005, 02:22
Ok buddy I got the same error and here is what I did.

1. Format my memory card using the PSP under system settings.
2. Go to www.sony.com and download the patch.

http://www.us.playstation.com/PSP.aspx?id=softwareupdate/pcUpdate.html

3. Saved the patch in the PC, not in the memory card directly (Im using Memory stick DUO to connect it to my VAIO)
4. Move the file to the card.
5. Insert the memory card into my PSP.
6. Follow all the recommendations, try again and voilá.

Hope this helps.