PDA

View Full Version : DoomDS News

wraggster
September 9th, 2012, 12:09
Just posted this news of interest for DoomDS Fans (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/threads/490657-Doom64-EX-v2-3?p=2148528136#post2148528136):

Doom64 DS Status

Lastly, the DS port. The game is fully playable from start to finish but a lot of the menu options and other little features is incomplete. Also most of the game’s content is unoptimized. Due to low interest in homebrew DS in the community, I have not bothered to move forward with this port but I do intend on releasing Doom64 DS in its current state sometime this month.

So there you have it, I could of spent more time getting tutorials ready (especially for scripting) but I felt that you folks waited too long for this release so I decided to get these out the door now. I will continue to make updates to the wiki whenever I have time.

LDAsh
September 10th, 2012, 09:38
I'd really love to see an update because there is so much content out there for it, many hours of gameplay, and it does clog down easily. Sectors aren't culled nicely enough and dead monsters should disappear after a time, at least as an option. It freezes up with too many corpses laying around.

Can't wait for Doom64! :D

blindfold
September 24th, 2012, 22:08
Actually DS homebrew is my favourite of them all - there is a lot of quality code out there. I'm looking forward for ore DoomDS news.