PDA

View Full Version : my friend needs help

carlitx
January 12th, 2007, 19:04
Ya i was showing my psp off today with all the kool ps1 emus and custom firmweare and my friend wantrs to downgrade to 1.5 and so on to get the cfw, but he has 2.81:( i herd a while ago that if some one under the age of 18 was to upgrade and wanted a downgrade the have to go through sny b/c of legall isues with the upgrading softwear. my question is how can he do this?? this is not me i's an actual friend

Gizmo356
January 12th, 2007, 19:47
No sorry you can only downgrade 2.8 or lower firmware.

carlitx
January 12th, 2007, 20:00
i no that but i herd a while back that it's illegal or sumtin fer a person to update thiere psp under the age of 18 and that if u tell sony that u updated and u want a lower firmweare they will do it but its a real hassal.

Shrygue
January 12th, 2007, 20:06
If you mean about the License Agreement shown in the official firmware updaters, it's just a lot of rubbish. Well, to me anyway. I know someone who updated (and landed up with version 2.82) and they were under 18. Also, I highly doubt that Sony will downgrade your PSP if you asked.

splodger15
January 12th, 2007, 20:08
That was pure rubbish. Think how may people under 18 own a PSP

vision
January 12th, 2007, 21:42
Yeah if thats what you mean you got no luck

Man
January 12th, 2007, 22:14
Im prety sure that thread was pitched as a hypothetical idea, not a proven fact, i got lucky, all my friends never played there PSPs so when i told them about the psone emulator, they all were able to have it.

carlitx
January 12th, 2007, 22:54
Ok ill tell him cause no matter wat i said about 2.81 not being dged and that there wasent even an exploit yethe still thinks he can find a dg o well he will have to wait lol.