PDA

View Full Version : Backing Up Cart Saves to .sav Using SuperCard

scripted
January 12th, 2007, 19:26
Im not sure if this is possible, and i know you would normally do this using a Action Replay Max Duo, but is it possible to backup the save games of legit games onto a SuperCard in the GBA slot?

For example you boot from the PassMe device onto the SuperCard in the GBA slot. Remove the PassMe device and insert the legit game card. Then run an application on the SuperCard that backs up the save game to a *.sav

Just curious,

scripted

DanTheManMS
January 13th, 2007, 03:41
I think it might be possible, although I haven't really kept up with it. Search for a save manager called RAIN which I believe has the ability to backup saves from original carts. However, I'm not sure when the last update was, so it might only support older devices like the SC CF and not the SC SD.

EDIT: hmm, looking at the screenshot on DCemu it appears that it only supports CF. However, it looks like it will back stuff up to SRAM as well, which might mean that QPC saving could work. It's an interesting idea anyway. Let us know if you get it working.

EDIT 2: It appears that the DCEmu page I was looking at was out of date (last update December 2005) while http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/nintendo-ds-applications-21597.html is the latest version (March 2006). It says that the SC SD is untested.