PDA

View Full Version : NDSE V1.1 Finished -- Take A Look!

Fantastic
April 4th, 2005, 20:15
Hey Everybody!
We have 4 new men aboard the NDSE project now and we have together,finished compiling NDSE release 1.1.
We have lots of new roms that will emulate and the emulator will not have to be e-mailed,as we are currently working on our domain! Also,now all the files are complete and...
We should hopefully be getting in contactwith g-masters,if they are online still,and getting them to host the .nds commercial roms.

Here's the first screenshot of NDSE 1.1:

http://img62.exs.cx/img62/2807/fullshot17oy.th.jpg (http://img62.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img62&image=fullshot17oy.jpg)(Click To Enlarge)

Thanks,The NDSE Team(ExEMU Inc.)

(...And For Now,Until The Domain Is Up.Email Us If You Want To Play Around With NDSE 1.1)

quzar
April 4th, 2005, 21:11
so according to you, your emulator can play a good deal of the commercial games out there?

rbervoets
April 4th, 2005, 21:14
we are currently working on our domain!

What is your domain name going to be.

Fantastic
April 4th, 2005, 21:14
Yep,Since The BETA Release We Have Emulated Lots Of Games!!

We Of Coarse Had To Buy Them All From Lik-Sang To Code And Test...

Fantastic
April 4th, 2005, 21:19
Our Domain Will Be www.ndseproject.tk

Fantastic
April 4th, 2005, 21:29
Guys!

We finally got a stable emulation of project rub!!!!

Yes!

Glory!

Hooray!

We're going to leave the office now,a days work is done...

Good Night!

rbervoets
April 4th, 2005, 21:32
Good for you I REALLY WANT A COPY OF THAT EMULATOR

psplover
April 4th, 2005, 22:54
Sounds like a load of BS.

Zherae
April 5th, 2005, 00:44
You all work in a office? You're a little late man April Fool's was a few days ago-

quzar
April 5th, 2005, 01:14
You all work in a office? You're a little late man April Fool's was a few days ago-

hes been posting about this for a few weeks or so. he had a private beta that only one forum member was able to get and they were a new member.

Zherae
April 5th, 2005, 01:25
You're right I just checked his posts and they're all about this vaporware emulator. Everytime a new system comes out its always the same story. The picture was very funny though :D

Two9A
April 5th, 2005, 14:42
If NDSE isn't just vapourware, but is a polished product, it'd be great for emulation. I only know of 4 emulators currently in development, and one of those happens to be the one I'm breaking at the moment.

A copy of the emulator would be great; a copy of the source would be even better. I'd love to see how you managed to get that kinda speed out of two CPU cores.

Mind you, the 'website' doesn't inspire my confidence in the existence of the project, never mind its stability or progress.

Eric
April 5th, 2005, 14:57
yes i had his beta release i didnt know what to do with it cause i had nothing to test

Darksaviour69
April 5th, 2005, 15:10
mmm, i this does seem like a fake + the NDSE bit look a bit photoshoped....

Fantastic, could you post a pic of the emu running, if u don't soon i will assume that it is a fake a delete... sorry if its the real thing, but there are soom many lamers on the net.

NukeFall
April 5th, 2005, 17:21
Eric if you still have the beta you could use yousendit to give it to someeon to figure it out.

rbervoets
April 5th, 2005, 17:51
yes i had his beta release i didnt know what to do with it cause i had nothing to test

Eric If you still have that emulator send it to [email protected]

I will take a look at it, if it works i will send some DS roms to you. ;)

Darksaviour69
April 5th, 2005, 17:54
1: NO Rom trading, last warning

2: be very carefull, it could be a virus

rbervoets
April 5th, 2005, 17:57
Darksaviour69 do you think its a fake

Darksaviour69
April 5th, 2005, 18:03
well, on what i have seen so far, yes i think its fake, there is little to no evidence of it being real. but i'm not 100% sure

rbervoets
April 5th, 2005, 18:18
By the way when do you think Hyper DS will come out Darksaviour69 ???

NukeFall
April 5th, 2005, 18:18
Well like i said you could just use yousendit and post the link

kit786
April 5th, 2005, 18:20
I also had the beta, but none of the roms I tried worked (PD and commerical(I've got the original games)). The emulator was about 2.5mb unrared. If anyone else wants it I will send it to them (unless the author does not want me to!)

Eric
April 5th, 2005, 18:32
Hey guys i got a rid of it by word of Chris cause he said it defenitly didnt sound good to him so sorry. Also i wouldnt send anything that wouldn't work. 2 days after i downloaded that emu my computer completely messed up. I dont know whether to trust this emu or not.

Eric

rbervoets
April 5th, 2005, 18:37
This isnot a Emulator its a .rar file

rbervoets
April 5th, 2005, 18:42
Hey Everybody!
We have 4 new men aboard the NDSE project now and we have together,finished compiling NDSE release 1.1.
We have lots of new roms that will emulate and the emulator will not have to be e-mailed,as we are currently working on our domain! Also,now all the files are complete and...
We should hopefully be getting in contactwith g-masters,if they are online still,and getting them to host the .nds commercial roms.

Here's the first screenshot of NDSE 1.1:

http://img62.exs.cx/img62/2807/fullshot17oy.th.jpg (http://img62.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img62&image=fullshot17oy.jpg)(Click To Enlarge)

Thanks,The NDSE Team(ExEMU Inc.)

(...And For Now,Until The Domain Is Up.Email Us If You Want To Play Around With NDSE 1.1)

Could you please send me a copy of that emulator to [email protected]

Fantastic
April 5th, 2005, 19:45
We have now completed our NDSE website and the download link should be up in an hour.

Thanks for your support

NDSE Team(ExEMU Inc.)

Please Believe Us,NDSE is real!

www.ndse-project.tk

NukeFall
April 5th, 2005, 19:57
Well it looks like after it goes up will be able to test it.

rbervoets
April 5th, 2005, 20:00
were can you actually get the NDS roms

quzar
April 5th, 2005, 20:02
We have now completed our NDSE website and the download link should be up in an hour.

Thanks for your support

NDSE Team(ExEMU Inc.)

Please Believe Us,NDSE is real!

www.ndse-project.tk

that link doesnt go to anything.

NukeFall
April 5th, 2005, 20:03
Well it did it mustve went down. It went to a site that just had NDSE The first commercial emulator sign. And another picture with no download link. Maybe there adding it now.

rbervoets
April 5th, 2005, 20:05
that link doesnt go to anything.

It does on my PC

Zherae
April 5th, 2005, 20:31
Why do you warn us about this?

Fantastic
April 5th, 2005, 20:44
We seem to have a problem with our hosts.

Thier FTP applet is down and we can get no connection to our server,but we can still update our page.

Could anybody temporarily host the file until we get through to our hosts on the phone.

Thanks

The NDSE Team(ExEMU Inc.)

NukeFall
April 5th, 2005, 20:45
yousendit.com .....

rbervoets
April 5th, 2005, 20:58
so when will be able to download the emulator and how many MB will it be

Fantastic
April 5th, 2005, 20:59
yousendit.com would only allow me to e-mail the file...

Fantastic
April 5th, 2005, 21:01
ok,looks that way then...

everybody send me their e-mail address!

rbervoets
April 5th, 2005, 21:01
[email protected]

Zherae
April 5th, 2005, 21:03
No yousendit emails you the d/l link and all you have to do is share it.

Fantastic
April 5th, 2005, 21:06
http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1H8Y6EPBL4DN81W4JI8OGRDHR0

rbervoets
April 5th, 2005, 21:11
what do we do when we downloaded it

Fantastic
April 5th, 2005, 21:15
un-rar it for starters,then run NDSE.exe

rbervoets
April 5th, 2005, 21:16
How do you do that

quzar
April 5th, 2005, 21:18
Quesa.dll is missing.

Fantastic
April 5th, 2005, 21:21
OK,Before I Go I Want To Say That The ''Office'' Is A Home Office...

So Before You Get All Cockey With Rubbish Jokes,Ask Questions.

Oh Yea,And As For The Guy Who Doesn't Know What Do Do,I Suggest You Just Don't Use Emulation At All,Ever...

rbervoets
April 5th, 2005, 21:22
How do you un-rar files

Fantastic
quzar,what do you mean.Is there a error message displayed?

rbervoets
Please

quzar
April 5th, 2005, 21:24
Where is Quesa.dll? The emulator requires it, but it is not included with the download. The official Quesa website's download links are broken.

I get errors regarding the plugin handler (plugin.cpp) and its calls to load the video plugin (since quesa is missing).

Zherae
April 5th, 2005, 21:24
http://www.rarlabs.com/ download it install it.

NukeFall
April 5th, 2005, 21:25
Fantastic you need a file called Quesa.dll or else it errors out. You prolly have it inadvertaly installed somewhere without knowing. Or you forgot to rar it. Im downloading something that has it in it from the Quesa page and tahts how im getting the .dll file

Fantastic
April 5th, 2005, 21:26
i understand what has happened,the file will be with you in just a sec
thanks for pointing that out

Two9A
April 5th, 2005, 21:27
Is there a reason that all the DLLs are not just the same size, but in fact are the same file?

NDSE $ for a in *.dll; do diff $a touchscreen.dll; done
NDSE $

I've had independent confirmation that this DLL can be found as part of Quake 3. You realise that it's illegal to distribute portions of iD software without express permission, I hope.

Fantastic
April 5th, 2005, 21:32
oh we seem to have saved the wrong files in the wrong place,they are all the Quesa 3d engine.

Fantastic
April 5th, 2005, 21:35
i will have to replace all the files,and two9a you are correct.that dll is used in the quake 3 console however,it is a free distribution from online and is no way inflicted with ID software

quzar
April 5th, 2005, 21:39
if i rename the any of the files to Quesa.dll and move it to the same dir as NDSE and it runs. I try to load up mario 64 and it simply says not a valid rom image.

Fantastic
April 5th, 2005, 21:41
where did you get your rom,if it was provided by EmuVortex then i'm afraid that it's fake...

And,if i dont get those files sorted soon then it wont emulate anyway...

quzar
April 5th, 2005, 21:44
i also tried nibbles, the homebrew game and pong. Neither of them ran.

rbervoets
April 5th, 2005, 21:46
were can you get NDS Roms then

Fantastic
April 5th, 2005, 21:49
So what do you guys think to the User Interface(UI)?

Currently there are no sources for commercial NDS roms,the demo roms are not in .nds format,therefore will not work!

Two9A
April 5th, 2005, 21:49
Ok, I ran a quick decompile on the exe. It looks like your main CPU is missing the CVTSS2 instruction; it's pretty important. Could you tell me when that's going in, or at least what it does?

NukeFall
April 5th, 2005, 21:50
quzar they shoudnt be working yet. If youve been tracking this he mistakenly put in the wrong dlls so just wait till he gets the right ones.

josath
April 5th, 2005, 21:51
Wow this is awesome, i just tested it, and mario ds runs almost perfectly!

actually, there is a tool that will generate the correct .nds format from homebrew roms. (ndstool by darkfader)

any homebrew rom labeled .nds should be in the correct format. ones labeled .bin or .ds or .gba should be in a different format.

Fantastic
April 5th, 2005, 21:53
two9a,there has been a large mistake as you well know,we are currently scratching our heads with coffee to find out what has gone wrong,please bear with us...

Two9A
April 5th, 2005, 21:54
Doesn't that scald?

Fantastic
April 5th, 2005, 21:54
nice joke two9a

Zherae
April 5th, 2005, 21:55
In the mean time you could post some screenshots of the emulator running.

Fantastic
April 5th, 2005, 21:58
right we have discovered that the executable file we have been sending out is corrupt,all the CPU is in the form of .ini which i forgot to add...

so,we're just uploading:

NDSE V1.1(FIXED).rar

We'll update you shortly.

NukeFall
April 5th, 2005, 21:58
Well heres the good news:

I ran avg and it doesnt seem theres any viruses. SO thats a fear you dont have to worry about

quzar
April 5th, 2005, 21:59
quzar they shoudnt be working yet. If youve been tracking this he mistakenly put in the wrong dlls so just wait till he gets the right ones.

just because it wouldnt run properly doesnt mean that it wouldnt load any rom.

Wow this is awesome, i just tested it, and mario ds runs almost perfectly!

actually, there is a tool that will generate the correct .nds format from homebrew roms. (ndstool by darkfader)

any homebrew rom labeled .nds should be in the correct format. ones labeled .bin or .ds or .gba should be in a different format.

nice of you to comment seeing as you just joined and the author has said that with the released files it cannot work...

Fantastic
April 5th, 2005, 21:59
our server,yet again is letting us down!

we'll post some screens until we can get it sorted

much apologies

NDSE team

NukeFall
April 5th, 2005, 22:04
Actually its inability to actually load any roms can do with missing files. Since it obviosuly depends on so many dlls if it doesnt get the right instructions it doesnt know what its blockign to load x_x

zid
April 5th, 2005, 22:10
Hi I was just wondering if the top touchscreen is emulated or just the bottom one?

NukeFall
April 5th, 2005, 22:11
The top isnt supposed to be a touchscreen >>

Two9A
April 5th, 2005, 22:17
Nah, I know that both should be touchscreens, since the internal touch controller has two ports. So, I've got a concern about full emulation of the controller.

zid
April 5th, 2005, 22:17
I even own a DS, the top screen just has a plastic protector.

rbervoets
April 5th, 2005, 22:21
our server,yet again is letting us down!

we'll post some screens until we can get it sorted

much apologies

NDSE team

Try using yousendit.com again and could you also send some pics of the emulator actually running

rbervoets
April 5th, 2005, 22:35
You all do reallise Fantastic has loged out

josath
April 5th, 2005, 23:13
can we just delete the thread and ban fantastic's ip and get it overwith?

zid
April 5th, 2005, 23:26
Damn, so no more blagging to make him say something stupid?