PDA

View Full Version : Help!! NDSL Emulation Hell!!

budu8383
January 13th, 2007, 01:37
Ok. I bought a Max Media Dock, I work for gamestop. I got it cheap hoping that i would be able to run Nes, Snes, Genesis, GBA and NDS ROms on it. I struggled for hours just to only get Mega Man 2 running on it. I could not figure out how to upload more thatn one rom on it at a time. If any one who knows about the MMD could help me it would br greatly appreciated. From what i hear this device is one of the worst things to own if you are tyring to Emu what i want above. I hear that the supercard ds is exactly what i need or an M3? There are so many im very confused. Im willing to spend as much as possible for the absolute best quality product there is for this. Please someone help me with what would be the best device to run Nes, Snes, Genesis, GBA and NDS and about how much it will run me. Thank u soo much!!!!

TeenDev
January 13th, 2007, 02:34
I know ur new but I have to tell u there is no rom talk. I can direct you to a program that runs the patched clean roms on a MMD but im not going to because I would get banned...

DanTheManMS
January 13th, 2007, 03:36
Because you want so much backwards compatibility, a slot-2 Supercard or M3 variant would be best for you. Just make sure you do NOT get the Supercard Rumble series or the M3 Pro series. These have the 32 MB of RAM removed, which is needed for running GBA homebrew. Some DS homebrew also uses it as well, like SnezziDS (SNES emulator for the DS), DSLinux, and Moonshell (which uses it to help decode very large images). Both the Supercard and M3 come in various versions: Compact Flash (very large), Secure Digital (sticks out of GBA slot only 1 cm), miniSD (sits flush in DS Phat), or microSD aka Lite (sits flush in a DS Lite and won't fit in a DS Phat).

Do not get an M3 Simply or a Supercard DS as they are both slot-1 devices that will not run GBA homebrew.

I'll leave it to you to decide between Supercard or M3. The M3 tends to have better support for GBA binaries, just an FYI. Note that the Max Media Launcher you already have will be necessary to boot whichever device you choose, so don't sell it. The dock itself you can get rid of, but keep the Launcher.