PDA

View Full Version : What other emulators do we want?

Mr.Denny
January 13th, 2007, 19:47
Seeing as PS1 fever has pretty much hit DCemu, i was wondering-with a full speed PS1 emulator not out, what other emulators do want?. Is there much left?

Full speed N64 perhaps?

broie
January 13th, 2007, 19:52
i wudnt like n64 on psp id imagine the button layout being horrid id like to see emulation of the megadrive addons(sega cd n 32x) wudnt mined playing snatcher on the psp:D

xtreameracer01
January 13th, 2007, 20:02
i wudnt like n64 on psp id imagine the button layout being horrid id like to see emulation of the megadrive addons(sega cd n 32x) wudnt mined playing snatcher on the psp:D

Agreed........but if you go into any other next generation console from the ps1/n64, say dreamcast, the psp wont process it......but who knows.....

JKKDARK
January 13th, 2007, 20:06

If it happens, you will see it first on Dreamcast.

Agreed........but if you go into any other next generation console from the ps1/n64, say dreamcast, the psp wont process it......but who knows.....

Dreamcast is impossible, and there was a discussion about it.

ExcruciationX
January 13th, 2007, 20:25
I'd love to see a fullspeed N64 emulator. That was my console back in the day.

Shrygue
January 13th, 2007, 20:30
I wish there was an emulator for the Sega Saturn console on PSP, now that would be good to have.

gdf
January 13th, 2007, 20:46
n64 would rock, and there are ways around the button layout, cos most 64 games dont use every single button.

gunntims0103
January 13th, 2007, 21:23
N64 would be great. Strrrnmmm has gotten very great process on it, to bad he's left the scene. Im pretty sure N64 emulator is possible on the psp, but probally won't happen due to unappricaiative users.....

gdf
January 13th, 2007, 21:31
has srmnnrmn left for good. i heard he wasn't replying to emails and had family issues but would come back eventually. if so then that sucks totally, especially as daedalus r9 was well in progress. its ashame he gave up on all of his hard work.

xg917
January 13th, 2007, 23:22
um, who was unappreciative? u mean impatient? all so n64 would be great. i can wait till i die for strmnnrmn to make daedalus perfect. im really impressed with all the hard work that he has done :)

same queston, has he really left for good? i heard that he had some family issues as well..

gunntims0103
January 13th, 2007, 23:29
um, who was unappreciative? u mean impatient? all so n64 would be great. i can wait till i die for strmnnrmn to make daedalus perfect. im really impressed with all the hard work that he has done :)

same queston, has he really left for good? i heard that he had some family issues as well..

no, like i said users are unappreciative. It went as far as i seen a user say,

wow, this emualtor is really slow. Runs like crap. make it better! you should add......

This is a classic example of users being unappreciative. Yes along with the impatient users as well.......

I truly hope a coder would step up and attempt to dev for a n64 emualtor on the psp. Maybe its just a fevered dream.

xg917
January 13th, 2007, 23:38
i feel really bad now, ppl should appreciate wut we have now, take it or leave it.

i have thought of getting into coding... but i need to learn some how... i know that its not easy at all but i really want to get into it to help out...

kharaboudjan
January 14th, 2007, 17:14
of course it would be fantastic with a N64 emu but im getting to realize that it will probably be impossible :(

so i would vote for a SNES emu that is much faster than the one we got now, there are too many games that needs 2,3 or even 4 frameskips to run at full speed!

gdf
January 14th, 2007, 17:20
nah, snes9x is pretty much perfect. the only game i have to frameskip more than 1 is starfox.

acn010
January 14th, 2007, 17:26
N64 must be finish, because its an good example how the psp can do stuff, but yet, yes.... people do not appriciate the coders for their hard work....

dejkirkby
January 14th, 2007, 17:27
I'd like an OS emulator, like windows, OSX or Linux.

xg917
January 14th, 2007, 17:29
i would love to carry on strmnnrmn's project daedalus but i do not know anything about coding. and i would love to learn how to.... any ideas, it may be possible..

also the OS thing would be great. only, how much memory would we need on our memory sticks?

acn010
January 14th, 2007, 17:29
linux on the psp!!!

kharaboudjan
January 14th, 2007, 19:32
well i really dont think the snes9x.. it was really cool when it came like 1 ½ year ago.. but now when we see gba, ps1 and CPS2 emus and stuff you have to realize that the snes9x isnt that fast ^^

i mean i could tell a couple of dozens of games that doesent work properly.. (s metroid, most mega man games, Axelay, all Kirbys, most Yoshi games, s turrican 1 + 2 and so on)

not to flame the creators, as they did a great job for that time, but the snes9xTYL 0.4 feels really old and slow nowadays :P

porchemasi
January 15th, 2007, 23:12
We need emulators for ma ps3 lol

but for now a nice n64 emu and sega saturn and sega cd emulator would be killr for psp

JKKDARK
January 15th, 2007, 23:20
We need emulators for ma ps3 lol

but for now a nice n64 emu and sega saturn and sega cd emulator would be killr for psp

and you forgot to say PS2/gamecube/xbox emulators (yes i'm joking, like you)

matt2k
January 15th, 2007, 23:28
Raine

xg917
January 15th, 2007, 23:59
i would love to help perfect daedalus..

Mr.Denny
January 16th, 2007, 19:42
My vote is for either full speed MAME or full speed N64. Both would be equally fantastic.

esence25
January 17th, 2007, 00:51
Seeing as PS1 fever has pretty much hit DCemu, i was wondering-with a full speed PS1 emulator not out, what other emulators do want?. Is there much left?

Full speed N64 perhaps?

You trying to say "NOT" or "NOW" because the sony PS1 emu is full speed.

EvilDooinz
January 17th, 2007, 03:03
Tandy 1000 RLX would be awsome. the 8086 micro chip should be easy to emulate. If I was a lil bettter coder I would do it my self.

mogwaimon
January 17th, 2007, 09:06
I'd like to see full speed SNES for all the harder games to emulate, seeing as a few of them are my favorites (Kirby Superstar and SMRPG, specifically) that I like to play through every now and then.

Perfect GBA and N64 emulation would rock, too. I'd love a portable Star Fox 64...

However, there's only so much one can do on a system that's non-upgradable. I'd most of all like to see a homebrew-centric portable gaming system with the power of a cutting edge PC and a dedicated homebrew scene like the PSP/Dreamcasts.. But that is a mere pipe dream for now XD Imagine that, though, if we had a portable gaming system that came with the power of a cutting edge PC system and was upgradable...It'd be hella expensive, but it'd be worth it. I realize that laptops fit the bill, but by portable I mean Gameboy/DS/PSP portable...

With a system like that, the only things one couldn't really viably emulate are the DS and the Wii, due to their unique control methods...

kharaboudjan
January 17th, 2007, 20:09
well.. i would really say that we already have a perfect GBA emulation.. i mean some of the games need FS1, but thats about it.. there is not really much to change on that emu :D

SteveV2
January 17th, 2007, 20:55
I agree with Snes. Saturn or N64 would be icong on the cake :) Would think some of the early PS2 games would run.

mogwaimon
January 17th, 2007, 22:37
I'd agree on Saturn, as I'd love to be playing Nights again @.@ However, we barely have good emulation on computer, nevermind PSP, so the chances of Saturn emulation are pretty much nil at the moment, unless some brave coder takes on the project

xg917
January 17th, 2007, 22:48
i wanna learn how to code

Apoklepz
January 17th, 2007, 22:54
Saturn sounds extremely complicated...the hardware after all is a brainbuster for emu coders....Proof being... how many PC Saturn emulators have we seen? Interesting, nonetheless.

But I say, get PC Engine CD and MAME polished up first.

...At least that's how I'd want it to be.

...Oh, and get N64 out of the woodwork, for pete's sake!!! It was going oh so swell for a while.

Tetris999
January 18th, 2007, 03:52
strmnrmn is never comin gback ive seen this happen dont expect it

hes pissed at the psp scene hes not coming back, he was such a good coder though..

melime
January 18th, 2007, 07:56
I would love to see a descent mame emulator like the one gp2x has http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

XioN980
January 18th, 2007, 08:10
N64 would be great. Strrrnmmm has gotten very great process on it, to bad he's left the scene. Im pretty sure N64 emulator is possible on the psp, but probally won't happen due to unappricaiative users.....

He has NOT left the scene yet :mad:

As its been said, its a likely combination of two things, one: Spammers on his blogg, and the second (this one only theoretical) He has a job, as we know hes a banker from the interview with Kaiser and he said in the second last statement on his blogg "I have been very busy with commitments at work and home"

Now which would you deal with first: An Emulator or issues at home and work? which could be getting fired or a family member leaving.

Jeez

JKKDARK
January 18th, 2007, 16:52
Saturn sounds extremely complicated...the hardware after all is a brainbuster for emu coders....Proof being... how many PC Saturn emulators have we seen? Interesting, nonetheless.

SSF (which is excellent), Yabause, Giri Giri.. But yeah, it's impossible on the PSP.

S34MU5
January 18th, 2007, 19:26
Fullspeed Dreamcast :P and N64