PDA

View Full Version : FFIX and Popstation

dthpsc
January 13th, 2007, 23:56
I have heard multiple reports that this game runs absolutely perfect at full speed and everything, yet on my PSP in many of the locations I experience very noticable slow-downs. Does anyone else have this experience, and for those of you who don't, how did you go about ripping and creating the Eboot. I ripped mine using CloneCD, and the process worked perfect for FFVII (which I've already beat on the PSP) but this seems to not be the case for FFIX, my favorite of the series. As another note I've tried quite a few other games that work fine. TIA.

sean13128
January 14th, 2007, 11:34
Ive noticed that when dagger and zidane jump the rope and drop in on the band during the beginning it slows down as dagger runs through the band. but other than that nothing. When i made the image i just riped my copy to a bin file and ran it through pop station with 9 compression. Don't really think it matters two much but try converting that ccd to a bin file ...

g00gy
January 14th, 2007, 23:37
I also experiance this problem very noticible slowdowns where it gets too mcuh polygon charecters.

I think maybe the problem is becuase of fake memory-sticks.

dthpsc
January 21st, 2007, 16:48
I actually have a 2gb Sandisk... :(

UPDATE: OK, I tried playing it from my old 1GB Sandisk card, and it does the exact same thing. I don't think it's a MS problem... especially since I beat FFVII, which played flawlessly. Any other ideas from those who experience playing it perfectly?

Basically the issue is only in certain areas... e.g. most notably in the very beginning with Vivi and where I am right now, in the large area in the city you're in after Lindblum Castle. Slowdowns also occur when uncontrolled dialogue is taking place.

jonezybaby
January 21st, 2007, 17:53
i cant even get the game to run!!

dthpsc
January 23rd, 2007, 01:47
can anyone else confirm this issue?

g00gy
January 23rd, 2007, 13:51
ok ive tried diffrent psp's and memsticks. so maybe just maybe the computer might be causing this, maybe ripping is wrong or something i just cant find the reason.

Can anyone else please help?

dthpsc
January 24th, 2007, 01:39
ok ive tried diffrent psp's and memsticks. so maybe just maybe the computer might be causing this, maybe ripping is wrong or something i just cant find the reason.

Can anyone else please help?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not the mem-stick. I've tried ripping it with both CloneCD and Alcohol 120% as well... both of which produce the same results...

The point I'm at in the game, where the hunt takes place in the different districts, is unbearably slow and I'll probably stop playing it until I find a solution.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, or even if anyone can confirm that this game really does play perfectly for them. Once again, I find this strange considering I was able to play FFVII all the way through with absolutely no slowdown whatsoever.

Apoklepz
January 24th, 2007, 01:56
Have you considered clocking the PSP to 333mhz and see if it get's better?

Overclock.prx < get this plugin.

dthpsc
January 24th, 2007, 02:55
Have you considered clocking the PSP to 333mhz and see if it get's better?

Overclock.prx < get this plugin.

From what I hear overclocking doesn't work with popstation... something that has to do with a dynamic clocking system I hear... but thanks for the tip anyhow.

kaggy
January 24th, 2007, 02:56
runs slowly for me too. Used alcohol120. Even the music slows down in some parts. Any solutions?

g00gy
January 24th, 2007, 03:22
can anyone please help to solve this problem. slowdowns take the fun out of final fantasy IX.

I actually have a 2gb Sandisk... :(

especially since I beat FFVII, which played flawlessly. Any other ideas from those who experience playing it perfectly?

really? final fantasy VII runs choppy when entering into battle for me. did you rip your FFVII yourself if so how? did you use the same PC to transfer the file in the same way to final fantasy IX?

kaggy
January 24th, 2007, 04:25
I notice slowdown entering battles on FF7 as well. Ive tried compress/uncompressed. Also tried 3.03 pops and 3.02 (plugin).

dthpsc
January 24th, 2007, 12:50
I ripped FFVII on CloneCD on this computer. There was a VERY minor slowdown in FFVII when entering battle that in no way detracted from the gameplay (I played that in 3.02). I hardly consider that a slowdown. FFIX on the other hand runs very slow in more than a few parts, and I've tried it on 3.02 and 3.03... same results.

dthpsc
January 28th, 2007, 17:03
Looks like this thread is dying... I would really like to hear what it is that the people who experience perfect gameplay did... :(

g00gy
February 3rd, 2007, 11:27
*bump

People can you please help. dont just ignore us while you go and play the final fantasy goodness. try to share the wealth and give some advice

jonezybaby
February 3rd, 2007, 11:38
well i cant get the game 2 boot, and u cant overclock it cus pops runs at 333mhz anyway.

g00gy
February 3rd, 2007, 21:59
yeah i heard that the popstation runs at 333mhz. but why do people experiance lag while others dont. can anyone please help.can someone just take the time to write a message and youl be making alot of people happy.

psmo290
February 11th, 2007, 05:36
have anybody try to pop ff9 uncompressed? I wonder if there is any speed difference than the game compressed at level 9.

dthpsc
February 11th, 2007, 19:56
Yes, I've tried it uncompressed... no difference. I've still yet to find an answer, but I've read multiple posts saying it runs PERFECT, and the one I play runs noticeably slow in quite a few areas to the point where I'd rather not play it.

Can anyone please confirm that it runs perfect and tell us what steps they took to get it this way?

FFXSage
February 11th, 2007, 20:07
Well, I've yet to try out my ripped FFIX but I think its noteworthy to point out that my FFVIII is having problems. When I reach the Ifrit boss fight in the first dungeon my game just freezes about halfway through the fight.

If anyone has a fix for this I would be grateful.

jonezybaby
February 11th, 2007, 21:23
ok i cant even get FFVIII to work :( i got FFVII to work but not the other two :(

~Dark_siN~
February 28th, 2007, 07:40
hey guys! i've got a PAL AUSTRALIAN version of ff9 and i cant get it to work properly. i know pal doesnt work but can anyone tell me how to get it to work? some people say you can convert it but i still cant get it to work...
if you have gotten it to work or can help, please talk to me on msn @ = [email protected]

SkiiinZ
January 19th, 2008, 11:43
Sorry to raise up an old thread....

i have had the same problem with FFIX.
PSP 3.80 m33 m4 on UK psp.
USA FFIX image, as I have heard that the UK PAL version doesn't work.
Image converted to eboot with PSX2PSP, put image into GAME folder. Boot it up, I get to the playstation logo and then get black screen.
Tried converting to pal, with no luck, also tried patching iso with patch from megagames, but same thing happens.

Thought I was maybe doing something wrong, or that my psp couldnt run NTSC games, so I managed to get hold of FFVIII USA that had been converted to PSP format, just to test, and it runs fine.

Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.