PDA

View Full Version : M3 SD adapter and .CHT files...

Rummy
January 14th, 2007, 00:15
Ok, Hello to everyone here, I'm new. I got an M3 yesterday morning, and after a day and a half of trying to get access to post on these forums, I'm finally here to ask the question burning within me.

.CHT files, how would one go about writing them for use with the M3 SD adapter? I used to hack codes back in the day of the N64 PAR(I'm british), and so I understand RAW cheat device codes and hexadecimal. I also understand editing save files with a hex editor(from emulation save state hacking days, and I have also already found the hex address for money in dawn of souls M3 backup save states, proceeding to give myself alot of money).

I'm curious to know though, how would one go about writing their own cheat files? I don't entirely understand the format(never had or used a GBA cheat device, so might need some info on them). How do the .CHT files work?(I noticed they seem similar to codebreak format codes, which I believe are raw). If one wanted to go about writing a .CHT file, how would they do so? Is there any way to easily convert pre-existing action replay/other cheat device codes into .CHT file format?

One last question, more into the ROM hacking domain than .CHT files, but is it possible to actual hack the ROM's code itself to permenantly incorporate the effect of what could be achieved by a PAR/other cheat device code? If it is, how complex is it to do? Thanks for any info people can give!

EDIT: I've just ran into some shit that somehow I've lost like 5 hours of saved playtime on FF, if anyone knows how to convert emulator .sav files into M3 ready save files that'd also be helpful, I wanna get back where I was, but it's gonna take too long otherwise. Is there a chance the save(s) are residing in the card somewhere? I saved the game both normally, and through the snapshot/Real time save function, neither are there. If it didn't save, why didn't it tell me, and what would have caused this?