PDA

View Full Version : Need help from Undiluted Platinum Users

WACOMalt
January 14th, 2007, 04:06
hello, I am making a program that launches the Epsilon Bios's recovery menu from a regular eboot in 3.02/3OE (or 2.71 SE) If Dark_alex's firmware is installed on the UP. (long story follows, find the verticle line to just read about what I need from you guys)

My FPC cord is broke on my UP install. I have 3.03OE on the Up, and Sony3.03 on the PSPnand. I need to be able to get 3.03OE on the PSPnand (so ps1 emu will work) but in order to do so I have to reflash the pspnand.

the pspnand has sony3.03, so no go there, but if I had epsilon on my UP then I could reflash the pspnand!

well. FPC is broke, so no flashine epsilon onto my UP...

so I learned how to launch the recovery menu of epsilon from an eboot. but to make my program, I need the vshmain.prx fromt he epsilon bios. (which I cannot dump myself as I cannot install epsilon)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
so, here is what I need:

to get this file, which is the vshmain.prx from the epsilon bios, you must do the following.

Install Epsilon Bios (1.0 or 1.1 update) on your UP, and have 2.71 on your PSPonboard nand.

Install pspfiler onto your PSP, and launch it. go into hacker mode
(by pressing L+R+LeftDpad)

then press start twice to get to the flash0.

copy the file "flash0:/vsh/module/vshmain.prx" to your memory stick.
(press x on the file, then circle to copy to ram, then press start until you are on the memorystick, then hit x, then triangle to paste from ram.)

exit the program, and go into USB mode on your PSP.

get the file you just copied to me either by uploading to rapidshare (or anything for that matter) and PM me a link, or email the file to [email protected]

I know its a large hassle, but this would really really help me out, and could make many people's lives a lot easier.

I will use this file to create the Program I wrote about.

This program will be usefull to me, but also other UP owners who have 3.03OE and dont want to have to reflash their UP with the FPC to be able to reflash their pspnand.

aka, this will now be possible without a PC.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone help me out here, I have to at least get this working for me, but would like to also help everyone else out as much as I can.