PDA

View Full Version : Custom Gameboots on 3.03 OE-B

D0N
January 14th, 2007, 11:09
Hi all,

Anybody know how to get custom gameboots on 3.03 OE-B? I've tried the 3.02 OE Customiser (people say it works for them) but it doesn't work for me. Any gameboot I try I just get a blank gameboot playing with no sound or anything.

And I can't try with x-flash as it has a limit to gameboots and mine is well over the limit.

Any suggestions? I hate that stupid SONY one.

Thanks in advance

-DON

ACID
January 14th, 2007, 11:11
well try restoring defaults on the system thats what i did and then it worked.SEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa

D0N
January 14th, 2007, 11:23
Tried what you said just now..still get a blank gameboot.

---EDIT---

I think it might be because my flash space is full up. I'll try taking some stuff off then see what happens.

---EDIT 2---

Doesn't matter, free'd up space on flash and now it works like a charm :D

Mr. Shizzy
January 14th, 2007, 12:14
DON;

You should have just asked me. :) There could be 2 reasons why:

1) The gameboot is incompatible. (Some are doing the white screen on OE) I have a pmf fixer I'll upload for you.

or

2)The gameboot is just too big for OE firmware. It's not a lack of room on your flash, or it would have bricked your PSP. It's the fact that SONY put a tighter restriction on gameboot size in the higher firmwares. You either need to install the gameboot path modifier, or The Buzzers "Random Gameboot MOD". Either one of those will solve your problem. If you go with the random gameboot mod, DO NOT install the opening_plugin.rco that comes with the pack. It will disable your POPS (PS1 Games) Instead, just install the .prx and debrand with X-Flash. I personally use The Random Gameboot MOD myself. :D

If you need anything, just PM bro. :)

D0N
January 14th, 2007, 13:12
Thanks a lot for your help Mr. Shizzy :)

Does the gameboot path modifier work on 3.03 OE-B? Have you tried it?

I haven't tried that yet.

Mr. Shizzy
January 14th, 2007, 13:44
Haven't tried the gameboot path modify yet.

Random gameboot IMHO is better. B/C it does the same thing, but you can have more than 1 gameboot. :D

D0N
January 14th, 2007, 14:18
Ok, I'll go for the Random Gameboot one.

Do you have msn? It'll be easier to talk.

PM me if you do. :)

carlitx
January 15th, 2007, 01:41
ok ill give it a try

Tetris999
January 15th, 2007, 02:44
Thanks a lot for your help Mr. Shizzy :)

Does the gameboot path modifier work on 3.03 OE-B? Have you tried it?

I haven't tried that yet.

it does work