PDA

View Full Version : Was 360 built for shooters?

gdf
January 14th, 2007, 16:55
I saw this in a mag recently. poll above. comments if you want. personally i think it was, considering the position of the sticks and the fact it has triggers as shoulder buttons.(also look at how many shooters there are. it's an fps fanboy's wet dream)

BrooksyX
January 14th, 2007, 17:54
I think the xbox 360 was built for all types of video games. But since it came from Microsoft, who makes windows, which is the #1 shooter platform. I think it made xbox and xbox 360 one of the best platforms for the shooter genre.

Personally I mostly play shooters with a few sports and racing games in between. So if only shooters came out for the 360 I would be happy with that.

Senni
April 23rd, 2007, 14:35
Yeah i kinda agree personaly i dont own any shooters (yes travesty i know) but ive seen them and they rock. As the previous owner of a gamecube i obviously think that the 360 is emenese all round and i have no doubt that it should by own the British games market and if that means producing masses of shooters to bring out the best in it so be it. The PS3 (shudder) may have a bigger harddrive and 'better' graphics but the cost is far too high and will never really appear an attractive option to me whereas the Wii is looking good and if i hadn't already bought a 360 would probably have one.

Sonicboy 101
April 23rd, 2007, 16:25
coincidence, but you still rock anyway.* :)

*Note, may not be true

JKKDARK
April 23rd, 2007, 17:05
Senko No Ronde is a fantastic Fighting Shooter. Released on Japan, but next month there will be a US version ;)

Cap'n 1time
April 23rd, 2007, 18:02
I think the Xbox360 has a great selection of shooters and will continue to have good shooters.

Was it made for FPS? Sort of. The controls are very comfortable, oddly, more so than the PS2 duel analog pads even though the thing seem somewhat similar. I think MS did a good job of figuring out a controller on the first Xbox that worked EXTREMELY well with FPS.

That isnt to say that only the FPS on the xbox360 are good though. Its classical SNESish sort of gamepad also works pretty well for Fighting games in my opinion.

gdf
April 23rd, 2007, 19:11
YAY senni is here. he is a mate who lives a bit away from me, sadly he has no job so can't afford many games but he has just ordered guitar hero 2! hey sonicboy he is about your age, i pmed him to see if he will join the lounge. sadly he can't come on much but hey he's here!