PDA

View Full Version : Flash-free cIntro Mod for CF 3.00

Vega
January 14th, 2007, 17:09
SHADOWZ has released a Flash Free cIntro mod for CF 3.00. cIntro allows us to run PMF videos at the startup of custom firmwares.
This version is meant for firmware 3.00 owners, and will do away with having to flash your unit or editing its config.txt.

* download the original copy of cIntro
* Ok the original instructions call for the modification of the config.txt located in the SYSTEM folder. This used to be used for the custom firmwares like 1.5, but not the 3.00 and above ones. So instead...
* Copy the INTRO folder found in the .rar file you download and put it into the SYSTEM folder in your psp's memory stick.
* Now you need to copy the same folder to whatever folder you have defaulted for running 1.5 kernel (for me this is simply the GAME folder but you need to consult your recovery mode to see what yours is).
* Next you need to rename the folder that u copied to GAME (or whatever) to BOOT and then open it and delete the "intro" file (this is not necessary and basically taking up space).
* Now that this is done, go to your SYSTEM folder and open up the INTRO folder that you just copied there. You will see the exact same files as the one you placed in the GAME folder. This is where you place your .pmf file that you want to use for the coldboot movie. Rename it "intro" and overwrite the current one. Now the hard part is over.
* Cold start your psp and enter recovery mode. You need to enable auto run program.

View the README for the full details, which includes a how-to for the 3.03 OE-A' and 3.03 OE-B firmwares needed to get started.

Download and give feedback via Comments
via SHADOWZ (http://dl.qj.net/Flash-free-cIntro-Mod-for-CF-3.00-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/12248/catid/151)

mad-brian
January 14th, 2007, 17:39
Were you not able to this with PMF player?
because I have it and it boots a long gameboot on startup

Gold Line
January 14th, 2007, 17:46
wow this is great just got to find a cintro

mad-brian
January 14th, 2007, 18:55
Yeah, i've got one if you want it? I found it somewhere but I can't recall where

tophead420
January 14th, 2007, 19:13
wow imma try this i have the original Cintro on my 3.03 OE-a' and it works great thanks for this man and if anyone needs help on the first Cintro that wants to us eit PM me and ill help you out

EDIT: i just looked at this and so far it just looks like like the original Cintro just repacked with a different name but ill look in to it a lil more i cud be wrong

EDIT: ok i think i maybe right this just looks to be Cintro v1 and setting up the first Cintro is alot easier (pretty close to the way this 3.00 version is set up) all you have to do is take the INTRO folder and place it in the GAME folder and rename it to BOOT then take your PMF and move it from the BOOT folder to the SYSTEM folder under a folder named INTRO then go to recover and Enable Auto run program then Exit recovery and enjoy And this is to SHADOWZ did you do any coding on this at all??? or did you just repack this into a different rar cause i think thats all you did ok heres a recap on how Cintro is installed

ms0:PSP/GAME/BOOT/all the files go here(your EBOOT.PBP, pmfplayer.prx, and introcfg)
ms0:PSP/SYSTEM/INTRO/PMF goes here (rename PMF to intro)

DarthPaul
January 14th, 2007, 19:17
hey! i have a questions..it has nothing to do with this topic... does the custom topmenu works on 3.03oe-b?

tophead420
January 14th, 2007, 19:40
hey! i have a questions..it has nothing to do with this topic... does the custom topmenu works on 3.03oe-b?

I think it might but you wud have to search and look man im not saying it does but i think it might head over to QJ.net and go to the forums iv found out more about it there then i did here

Gold Line
January 14th, 2007, 19:51
Yeah, i've got one if you want it? I found it somewhere but I can't recall where

you got a cintro i want it what is it

DarthPaul
January 14th, 2007, 19:58
lol,i just went to qj and there's a new x-flash(k) that does it,thanks tophead.

tophead420
January 14th, 2007, 20:11
lol,i just went to qj and there's a new x-flash(k) that does it,thanks tophead.
Hey no prob man that what im here for if you ever need any help just pm me and ill do my best to help you out

carlitx
January 14th, 2007, 20:38
so this can be used on the 3.03 OE-B?

Vega
January 14th, 2007, 21:04
yes Carltix.

The diffrence with this release is it doesn't write to flash

carlitx
January 14th, 2007, 22:18
ok in that case where can i find a cintro( preferable from an rpg game or anime)?

Cloudhunter
January 14th, 2007, 23:01
... This could already be done with no altering.

I know, I do it.

Cloudy

carlitx
January 15th, 2007, 00:32
ok but where to get a cintro?

kiore
January 15th, 2007, 06:28
Were you not able to this with PMF player?
because I have it and it boots a long gameboot on startup

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Same here , I've done this also ?. --since ages ago.

May be you and I missed something somewhere along the line.

pffft.:confused:

tophead420
January 15th, 2007, 08:54
hey i have a really cool ff7 pmf if anyone wants it ill have to find the link its like 4mb big and its kinda long to i think its like 10 to 20 secs good vid lol

d3v1l
January 15th, 2007, 19:01
wuts so new bout not having to flash the psp? ive had cintro like this..named boot n all ever since 2.71 SE first release..n still got it on my 3.03 oe-b n still workin..

carlitx
January 15th, 2007, 23:29
where can i get a kool cintro of a game or anime?

kiore
January 16th, 2007, 03:36
where can i get a kool cintro of a game or anime?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Off a cool UMD disk , :thumbup:

There are some good pmf 's here ..........http://www.nextpsphacks.com

TrowaX
January 16th, 2007, 18:52
I installed Cintro mod and got it working. The only problem is that i don't want to PMF Player displayed on the Hombrew section is there any way to make it not show up in the list?. thanks

carlitx
January 16th, 2007, 19:50
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Off a cool UMD disk , :thumbup:

There are some good pmf 's here ..........http://www.nextpsphacks.com

thnx alot dude...i got gameboots and renamed a kik ass ff7ac one intro and it works but do i need to keep the hombrew on it for this to work?

83jb
February 22nd, 2007, 21:39
I have tried this over 20 times and it refuses to work for me :mad: what's the deal?
I'm running 3.03oe-c
I have the autoboot enable under recovery options,
I have everything exactly where it needs to be, why isn't this working?:confused: