PDA

View Full Version : I think i bricked it

redweaselboy
January 14th, 2007, 21:16
Hi guys

hope someone can help.
i was running 3.02 oe b with no probs. updated to 3.03 oe and during update i got the message ` DAXR file already open` and the installer just stopped. the 1.50 bit got to 100% before this happened. i can get the recovery menu up but when i run the recovery EBOOT all i get is a constant blinking from the mem stick light and nothing happens.

Any ideas on what i should do?
Or is my beloved psp on its way to console heaven? ( sniff ).

andrewgabriel77
January 14th, 2007, 21:25
make sure you've got the update.pbp in your recovery folder...if the memorystick light is flashing then something is happening...just be patient

Malksta
January 14th, 2007, 21:25
If your PSP switches back off, It's bricked :(

vision
January 14th, 2007, 21:31
Where is your recovery folder ( /psp/game/recovery/ ), Also whats in your recovery folder

acn010
January 14th, 2007, 21:31
ouch. you should had left it there, i think it was writing on the flash..........

Tetris999
January 14th, 2007, 21:38
Hi guys

hope someone can help.
i was running 3.02 oe b with no probs. updated to 3.03 oe and during update i got the message ` DAXR file already open` and the installer just stopped. the 1.50 bit got to 100% before this happened. i can get the recovery menu up but when i run the recovery EBOOT all i get is a constant blinking from the mem stick light and nothing happens.

Any ideas on what i should do?
Or is my beloved psp on its way to console heaven? ( sniff ).

this happened to me but it wrote 1.50 for some weird reason, i help r and the recovery wrked try it

redweaselboy
January 14th, 2007, 21:41
Here is whats going on etc

The psp is not switching itself off and has not done so.
in psp/game/recovery are the following files:
decryptprx.prx
extprxs.pbp
lflash_fatfmt.prx
UPDATE.PBP
EBOOT.PBP
ipl_update.prx
libpsardumper.prx

recovery menu comes up no probs and usb is ok.

help!

vision
January 14th, 2007, 21:44
Hmm weird, try using a different UPDATE.PBP like a 2.71 or something idk, Also make sure recovery is in Caps

redweaselboy
January 14th, 2007, 21:59
where can i get a 2.71 update.pbp from?

Im not too hot on the technical psp stuff i just follow instructions!

vision
January 14th, 2007, 22:03
psp-hacks.com

redweaselboy
January 14th, 2007, 22:40
tried 2.17 update.pbp and still no luck.

the light just flashes for about 2 secs then off for 2 then on again constantly
when light goes out umd access can be heard for a second then light flashes again , this cycle just keeps repeating

redweaselboy
January 15th, 2007, 01:25
right -

i tried the 2.71 update and still get nothing

if i leave the update called EBOOT.pbp and try i do get a system message that says ` cant update - file is corrupt` so i assume it is not quite fully bricked yet
i tried the same with 1.50 update - leaving it called EBOOT.pbp and the psp just turns off , but still comes back on in the same state.

im totally stuck - any help would be very gratefully recieved as i love my psp.

Tetris999
January 15th, 2007, 02:42
http://www.sendspace.com/file/e7kvww

heres a 3.03 recovery try it on ure psp get the update.pbp, this SHOULD work

oh yeah use the 1.5 update eboot

xg917
January 15th, 2007, 03:30
Here is whats going on etc

The psp is not switching itself off and has not done so.
in psp/game/recovery are the following files:
decryptprx.prx
extprxs.pbp
lflash_fatfmt.prx <<<< TAKE THAT FILE OUT!
UPDATE.PBP <<<< IF THAT IS 2.71, THEN TAKE IT OUT AND PUT THE 1.50 UPDATE
EBOOT.PBP
ipl_update.prx <<<< TAKE THAT FILE OUT!
libpsardumper.prx

recovery menu comes up no probs and usb is ok.

help!

I EDITED YOUR QUOTE. ^^^^^^^LOOK UP^^^^^

after u are done wit that, go and try recovering to 1.50 i hope it works! :)

xg917
January 15th, 2007, 17:57
did u try it yet?

redweaselboy
January 15th, 2007, 22:25
will try in a bit , cheers

xg917
January 16th, 2007, 00:18
ok bro, let me kno if anything comes up

redweaselboy
January 16th, 2007, 01:25
tried removing the files like you say but still nothing.

just get the light flashing on and off at 2 sec intervals. have left for an hour just in case and still get the same thing.

nothing seems to change.

my poor PSP

any other ideas guys? and just to say i thank you for the time you are giving me. cant live without my PSP.

redweaselboy
January 16th, 2007, 03:24
All fixed guys!

A MASSIVE THANKS to TETRIS999 this dude got my psp back from brick hell

also a big thanks to all who helped and gave info.

PSP lives on

Tetris999
January 16th, 2007, 03:47
just to note

THIS WAS THEE HARDEST brick to EVER fix, it took red weasel and i 2 hours to figure out and solve

wow i cant beilieve we actually DID it

xg917
January 16th, 2007, 06:03
i guess your recovery was corrupt

F9zDark
January 16th, 2007, 07:13
So what did you all do, so if this happens again we have an unbrick guide :)

HAMMIEZ
January 16th, 2007, 17:59
All fixed guys!

A MASSIVE THANKS to TETRIS999 this dude got my psp back from brick hell

also a big thanks to all who helped and gave info.

PSP lives on

so what fixed it ????!

...this??

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e7kvww

heres a 3.03 recovery try it on ure psp get the update.pbp, this SHOULD work

oh yeah use the 1.5 update eboot

just cos we need a fixin guide for ppl who have similar problem (its pretty common)

Tetris999
January 17th, 2007, 00:49
so what fixed it ????!

...this??

just cos we need a fixin guide for ppl who have similar problem (its pretty common)

no it didnt and i dont really want to go through all the nifty details

maybe red weasel can telll u because i dont have the time right now

maybe later

baracki96
January 17th, 2007, 01:03
Hm, sounds like for all the help you eeryone gave redweasel or whatever, the least he can do is eventually post a guide. Happy for him though, It would be worse than a 100% brick to have a psp that was in his condition.

redweaselboy
January 17th, 2007, 23:40
Will post a guide as soon as i can.
Work is busy at the mo.
Will try to post it this weekend.

If any one has the same trouble - PM me

Thanks again all you guys

DessyDago
January 18th, 2007, 07:05
please post soon, i'm stuck in recovery mode too, usb is working. Need any help thanks.

edit: fixed it, had to go back to 1.5 but would rather do that then lose my psp.

Tetris999
January 18th, 2007, 07:47
please post soon, i'm stuck in recovery mode too, usb is working. Need any help thanks.

edit: fixed it, had to go back to 1.5 but would rather do that then lose my psp.

well i dont think you didnt really have any problems with recovery this guy did cuz his recovery wasnt even running the downgrader

guess how we fixed it he he :D

redweaselboy
January 19th, 2007, 01:58
Hi guys

Have day off on saturday so will take the time to post a guide to how we fixed my psp.
:)

carlitx
January 19th, 2007, 02:15
good to know

redweaselboy
January 20th, 2007, 11:03
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49994

Here is what we did guys.

I have rambled on as a guide and just posted it as a new thread. not sure if this is the right way to do it but i am new to all this posting stuff.:)

ucenikkk
January 20th, 2007, 19:25
Hello , i sow ur posts in some forums, maybe u can have some time to write me back...i have bricked my psp during an 2.71->1.51 downgrade...and now psp boot at startup but the display remains open some seconds after that turn off, and i can t enter in the menu...i readed a lot on websites and i understand it s an semibrick...can i recover my psp ?and how?the right button doesn t work on startup to boot recovery , since i have installed 2.71 not an 2.71 se...can i do something about that?thanks and any help is appreciated.

splodger15
January 20th, 2007, 20:09
^ ^
You need custom firmware for recovery. And since you dongraded you have a brick. So recovery is not available to you

xg917
January 20th, 2007, 22:36
Hello , i sow ur posts in some forums, maybe u can have some time to write me back...i have bricked my psp during an 2.71->1.51 downgrade...and now psp boot at startup but the display remains open some seconds after that turn off, and i can t enter in the menu...i readed a lot on websites and i understand it s an semibrick...can i recover my psp ?and how?the right button doesn t work on startup to boot recovery , since i have installed 2.71 not an 2.71 se...can i do something about that?thanks and any help is appreciated.

ooooooooooooooooo MANNNNNNNN wat a noob, sorry
but u kinda needed to pay attention to instructions on downgrading man, im guessin tht u dont kno much tho so im sorry..
ur gona have to get a new psp or if u have a warrenty then return it, but u cant give the memory stick back!

nikaya
January 22nd, 2007, 08:54
i need help on my psp too. i was upgrading it from 3.03 A' to 3.03 B. at the beginning of the installation part it said error or something like taht but after that it said upgrade successful at the end. then when it said it was restarting it went black and the green light turned off. now whenever i try to turn it on the green light turns on for a while and then turns off again. what should i do??

edit-yes i have tried to run recovery mode but it doesnt

bah
January 22nd, 2007, 10:48
i need help on my psp too. i was upgrading it from 3.03 A' to 3.03 B. at the beginning of the installation part it said error or something like taht but after that it said upgrade successful at the end. then when it said it was restarting it went black and the green light turned off. now whenever i try to turn it on the green light turns on for a while and then turns off again. what should i do??

edit-yes i have tried to run recovery mode but it doesnt

From the first page of this thread:

If your PSP switches back off, It's bricked :(

mbr7
January 22nd, 2007, 12:38
just to note

THIS WAS THEE HARDEST brick to EVER fix, it took red weasel and i 2 hours to figure out and solve

wow i cant beilieve we actually DID it

haha you are funny

scarph
January 22nd, 2007, 23:42
sucks to suck

nikitenko91
January 24th, 2007, 21:16
try this
Chrage the battery up, chech that your'e firmware is 1.50, then:
1. get 1.50.pbp and 303.pbp (if you don't know what they are read below)
2. get Dark_Alexs 3.03OE Custom firmware
3. Put the 150.pbp and 303.pbp in the oe_updatemaker file
4. run the update maker on your PSP
5. move the data.dxar file from the oe_updatemaker folder, then move it to the oeflasher folder
6. once you've done everything run the oeflasher on your PSP then accept the agreement then its finished

PS. the 150.pbp and 303.pbp are 1.50 update and 3.03 update files, just rename them 1.50 (update.pbp) to 150.pbp and 3.03 (update.pbp) to 303.pbp

PSS. Run the programs from the GAME under memorystick (if you can get to it)

nikitenko91
January 24th, 2007, 21:17
try this
Chrage the battery up, chech that your'e firmware is 1.50, then:
1. get 1.50.pbp and 303.pbp (if you don't know what they are read below)
2. get Dark_Alexs 3.03OE Custom firmware
3. Put the 150.pbp and 303.pbp in the oe_updatemaker file
4. run the update maker on your PSP
5. move the data.dxar file from the oe_updatemaker folder, then move it to the oeflasher folder
6. once you've done everything run the oeflasher on your PSP then accept the agreement then its finished

PS. the 150.pbp and 303.pbp are 1.50 update and 3.03 update files, just rename them 1.50 (update.pbp) to 150.pbp and 3.03 (update.pbp) to 303.pbp

PSS. Run the programs from the GAME under memorystick (if you can get to it)

Tetris999
January 25th, 2007, 01:19
haha you are funny

Durrrrr okey...