PDA

View Full Version : Is this legit? And will I have any problems?

hypochondriac
January 14th, 2007, 22:12
Apologies in advance as I am a complete noob. I live in the UK and have recently purchased a PSP from the US off ebay. Firstly will there be any issues I would encounter considering it will be a US PSP. I deliberately chose it as it will be Homebrew compatable. Also does the deal look legit as it seems rather cheap to me! Are they the 2nd version nyko speakers as well? Are there any other accessories you suggest that I buy? Sorry for all the questions but any answers to them would be much appreciated!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ARTQ%3AUK%3A1&viewitem=&item=130066089756&rd=1

BelmontSlayer
January 14th, 2007, 23:48
It seems like a perfectly legit PSP. You will need to buy a voltage adapter. If I recall correctly, USA uses 115V & the UK uses 230V. You should be able to buy an adapter for cheap from a hardware store. Also, you should buy a memory stick. The PSP stores all of its files on an external Memory Stick Pro DUO. I would recommend a 512MB if you only plan on playing homebrew & UMD games.

Also, how do you know its homebrew compatible? Did you email the seller? Any PSP with 2.80 or lower can be downgraded to 1.50 (The best firmware for homebrew).

Lodis
January 15th, 2007, 02:42
You say you think the deal is cheap, that is most likely due to the Psp being used as opposed to new. If that is a USA Psp, the screen might be of a slightly lower quality than the Japanese Psp's, I noticed this a long time ago.

Also the delivery method says ''USPS Airmail Letter Post'' which is not ideal, very slow, uninsured and insecure when compared to some other services. I only use this method for items im not too worried about.

I can't help thinking that you should have asked all of these questions before you made this purchase.

Instead of purchasing all of the way from the USA, you could have purchased from the UK and still got a 1.5. Even though purchasing from the USA will cost less due to the currency rate i.e high pound to the dollar, getting your Psp in the UK is much more secure and gives you more options and no worries about import VAT (although less likely with Airmail + Ebay).

Here for example, although costs more, is brand new, guaranteeed Next Day delivery (insured) and if there are problems it will not be a long wait and hassle to return.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-FIRMWARE-1-5-PSP-UK-SELLER_W0QQitemZ160073573727QQihZ006QQcategoryZ755 56QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Destroyer699
January 15th, 2007, 03:03
If you want somthing extremely legit, check this out...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130064531996&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RSCC_Pr12_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=130066089756&itemcount=12&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=StoreCatToStoreCat&usedrule2=UpSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

hypochondriac
January 15th, 2007, 16:33
Thanbks for all the help. I did actually ask these questions as I am not that stupid! The PSP is 1.52 or something similar. It came this morning so just a week is not really that bad. I bought a charger which I can use to charge my PSP through my laptop so it's ok with the voltage for the moment.

gdf
January 15th, 2007, 21:59
1.52 isn't homebrewable. if it's this then you might have to upgrade then downgrade again to 1.5. there are heaps of easy downgraders btw!

Axelius
January 16th, 2007, 13:59
I think you don't need a voltage converter or something like that as it says on my AC adaptor that it is capable for input-voltage between 100V and 240V and 50/60Hz. It always produces the output-voltage of 5V.

btw.: I bought my psp and my AC adaptor in Germany, but I think they're the same all over the world...

irishwhip
January 16th, 2007, 14:41
my psp is japanese, and i use a standard english cable to charge it (my old playstation power cable to be exact). look at the green bar on the power unit, if it says input 100v-240v, no adapter is needed