PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu News Update - September 2012

wraggster
September 19th, 2012, 12:49
Hi all been a while since i did a news article about whats going on at DCEmu,

For those who visit often, youll have noticed the forums have got a new refreshing look. Also the mobile version of the forums is working great now :)

Martin our server admin has upgraded DCEmu to the latest vbulletin, so hopefully thatll keep us nice and safe.

Ill be the first one to admit that recently through lack of time but not interest, ive just been getting news of other sites and not posting our own download links.

But because so many sites now link to mediafire and other rubbish download sites its time to make sure that each and every future release can be downloaded here at DCEmu.

Also ill be getting the vast majority of my news from press releases from now on which should please google who have penalised us for using others news, (hence the drop in numbers on site), If you are a guest visiting the site youll notice google ads etc, but if you join us then they all disapear, well worth joining and if your up to it then strike up a conversation, there are some on here nearly 24 hours a day.

DCEmu has now been online over 8 years now and yes we have had some ups and downs, one of the worst was the hackings last year that nearly closed the site, the downside of the hacking is the loss of many downloads. Which added to the server loss which also hit us hard. But we have daily backups now so hopefully that should be a thing of the past.

If anyone can think of a file archive thats safe and secure and allows multiple people to upload then that would be great. Personally i know theres a lot who care about the site, but to go through every thread and reupload is too much a task, a file archive that supports all consoles homebrew and emulation scenes would be awesome and of course only legal stuff. I would gladly let members of the community run it in the DCEmu name but they would be in charge of that section. The file archive must be able to link to website of origin/source too.

All of the DCEmu sites are currently being updated, around 12 left now.

Thanks all for visiting

thick9"
September 19th, 2012, 17:26
No,thank YOU dcemu.I dont bother looking anywhere else for my videogaming news for at least 6 years now.Dcemu is awesome,and when you guys go down I am truly lost for videogaming info.Thanks dcemu,keep up the good good work.