PDA

View Full Version : Question about custom backgrounds for apps in games menu (pic1.png)

cdrdj
January 15th, 2007, 10:15
I've mounted an icon and background picture for my apps. My question is, how do I REMOVE the background pic (pic1.png). I don't like how they take a few seconds to load and would rather have no background and have the game/app clickable more quickly. Thanks.

Bytrix
January 15th, 2007, 10:39
Removing the background won't really speed anything up. The time it takes to browse your files is dependant on how many you have on the memory stick. The files are tiny anyway.

splodger15
January 15th, 2007, 17:15
Use PBP Unpacker

cdrdj
January 15th, 2007, 23:57
Removing the background won't really speed anything up. The time it takes to browse your files is dependant on how many you have on the memory stick. The files are tiny anyway.

Actually, they do make a difference. It might depend on how big the background pic is in terms of kB, but the emus and apps without background and just their names showing are clickable more quickly. It's not the browsing that I care about, it's the time it takes before you can click the thing.

Might not be a big difference, but I'd rather wait less than half a second rather than one or two seconds just waiting for a background that I'm not gonna look at.

Thanks, Splodger

vision
January 16th, 2007, 23:57
OHHH Yes i know what you mean i get the same thing but i can wait idc

Um you can use PSP Brew works perfectly takes only 3 seconds

carlitx
January 17th, 2007, 02:11
so i can use pbp unpacker to give my ff7 a new icon yaa no more stupid hsg2

Bytrix
January 17th, 2007, 10:35
No PBPUnpacker doesn't work with POPS games. Use something like PSX2PSP instead.

splodger15
January 17th, 2007, 17:14
PBP Unpacker is for homebrew eboots. And update Eboots

carlitx
January 17th, 2007, 19:55