PDA

View Full Version : 3.03 oe-a question

HAMMIEZ
January 15th, 2007, 18:18
I am basically a loyal 1.5-er and the prospect of 2.71 HEN etc. never really interested me. But now this 3.03 oe-a (& a' and b) seems like it might be worth upgrading to.

I have bricked 2/3 PSP downgrades :( so I want to be extra careful with this. I intend to upgrade to 2.0 then MPH d/g to 1.5 to clear the f/w (just in case it makes the upgrade fail cos i hav used themepsp).

But there is one thing i noticed: about 10 people have cropped up on various forums complaining about a fault regarding 'data.dxar already open' when the 1.50 section of the flashing completes. This then effectively bricks their PSPs because in most cases the recovery mode fails to do anything except USB. I just thought that surely if we're expected to provide our own 150.pbp and 303.pbp surely they would have to be of a matching region?... And perhaps the people were stupid enough to combine 2 regions :rolleyes: which would, in thoery cause that.

So could all you successful 3.03 oe-[a,a',b] tell me which firmware regions you used. I'd also b interested in some failed updaters regions if possible then we can all prevent bricks :D

sory if that was a bit long i just want to get my point across!

cal360
January 15th, 2007, 18:24
Well like i've said before i've done this on 20+ other PSP's and never have had this problem ALL have been successful so as long as you've got the right files it should be fine.

HAMMIEZ
January 15th, 2007, 19:00
yeah thats what i thought but surely the region mismatch could have caused other peoples problems...

cal360
January 15th, 2007, 19:47
I haven't had problems with regions so just make sure you pick the right update for you if that is the issue

Shrygue
January 15th, 2007, 19:56
I generated the data.daxr with the 3.03 OE-A setup maker using a US 1.50 updater and a Japanesse 3.03 one on 2 UK 1003 and 1 European 1004 PSP models. I had no problems after installing the custom firmware on my units.

vision
January 15th, 2007, 19:58
If youre still worried just use a data.pxar from someone who used it and was succeful with it

Kloe
January 15th, 2007, 20:15
here's a link to a very good guide to upgrading to 3.03 oe-a. I used it to upgrade my 1.5 psp with 0 problems, since it includes all files needed for the upgrade.

note that you must upgrade to 3.02 oe-a first, you can't go straight to 3.03 oe-a.
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/dcemu-official-guide-how-to-install-3-02-oe-a-then-to-oe-b-to-run-psone-games-47121.html

cal360
January 15th, 2007, 20:20
here's a link to a very good guide to upgrading to 3.03 oe-a. I used it to upgrade my 1.5 psp with 0 problems, since it includes all files needed for the upgrade.

note that you must upgrade to 3.02 oe-a first, you can't go straight to 3.03 oe-a.
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/dcemu-official-guide-how-to-install-3-02-oe-a-then-to-oe-b-to-run-psone-games-47121.html

Actually you are wrong, you can upgrade from 1.50 straight to 3.03 OE-A

HAMMIEZ
January 15th, 2007, 22:04
thanks to all of u. after i have cleaned my firmware i think i'm going to go for it and upgrade...

Edit: Do i actually need to clean my fw?

Kloe
January 15th, 2007, 22:44
oh wierd, it said in all the 3.03 oe-a threads that you must install 3.02 first. lol oh well. It's super easy to upgrade from 3.02 so that guide is good for people that don't know how to upgrade to 3.03.

and no I never "cleaned" my firmware, and i'm not really sure exactly what you mean by that. I just installed it after backing up my memory stick on my PC.

HAMMIEZ
January 16th, 2007, 17:54
and no I never "cleaned" my firmware, and i'm not really sure exactly what you mean by that. I just installed it after backing up my memory stick on my PC.
Yesterday 21:04

yeh just to explain it, cleaning is useful if you have themed your psp. simply you upgrade to 2.0 then version thingy it to 1.0 then run sony official 1.5 update to format your firmware and remove themes

things like this can cause bricks if the 3.03 oe-a update doesnt format (im not sure it does so im not willing to risk not cleaning)