PDA

View Full Version : Charging a US PSP in the UK

Maroonie
April 5th, 2005, 20:00
Hi -

My PSP has arrived, but I cant get hold of an adapter until the weekend when I get paid, would it be possible to charge the PSP in either of my bathroom shaver outlets for the time being (115v and 230v).

I don't want to try and blow it up!

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Happy Gaming!

Maroonie

Greensprout
April 5th, 2005, 20:05
If you have a playstation you could use the power cable from that..

aseddon130
April 5th, 2005, 20:08
i use the adapter from my shaver - works perfect !

Maroonie
April 5th, 2005, 20:13
Alas no, but the DC input on the PSP looks quite common.... Maybe i could use another one that fits it?

M

Maroonie
April 5th, 2005, 20:14
Asedon,

I'm talking about plugging it directly into the shaver power out let in the bathroom.... does that work? My shaver doesn't have a 3 pin Adapter :(

wraggster
April 5th, 2005, 20:16
The PSP is great, it doesnt matter where u buy it in the world you can charge it anywhere, but in the UK you will need a 50p Shaver Adapter to charge but dont worry you wont fry your PSP.

wraggster
April 5th, 2005, 20:17
Better still do as im going to and buy a USB recharger cable for the likes of Lik Sang.

Vimes220
April 5th, 2005, 20:19
in otherwords, you dont need a POWER converter a 2->3pin adapter (such as used with many electric shavers) is all you need.

Maroonie
April 5th, 2005, 20:31
Thanks guys

Sounds like it should be fine charging it from my shaver outlet for a few days before i get a USB charger cable.

Maroonie

scrabbus
April 5th, 2005, 20:46
You do have to be carefull however with those cheap converters, they dont have any surge protection whatsoever, they arent fitted with any kind of power buffer. So be warned, they do work, but they arent very safe. I got a USB charger from lik sang, damn them, they arent my fave company for nothing!!!

darcy67
April 5th, 2005, 20:48
Just buy a power cable for the PS2, work perfectly!

Clare
April 6th, 2005, 11:59
Any Fig 8 power cable, say from a cassette recorder or DVD player will be fine and probably cheaper than a USB charger. Also I find the USB charger sometimes doesn't have enough juice to actually run the PSP while charging. When I had my PSP plugged into the USB charger, it crashed when using the UMD.