PDA

View Full Version : Best way to stream videos to a 3.03 OE-B PSP?

WermerSkoch
January 15th, 2007, 21:20
Hi all,
as the title says, I'm trying to stream videos (mostly xvid) to a 3.03 OE-B PSP from a windows XP PC. I tried PiMPStreamer with no luck (it crashed for me on both the 2.x version and the 1.5 version [although on the 1.5 version, it at least started up and connected to my router]). So, are there any other programs I could use? Any help would be muchly appreciated. Thanks! :D

Warner

cal360
January 15th, 2007, 22:01
Have you used the latest versions,made sure the settings are right and the pc application is open as at this point I think pipmpstreamer is the only streamer program for videos and i've never had any problems with it.

mavsman4457
January 16th, 2007, 01:58
I wish someone would make a LocationFree emulator. Then we could use that in the XMB without having to launch any homebrew to use it. Oh yah, you could also download Orb and view you videos through the web browser. Just go to Orb.com and it will work like a charm. I think. I haven't actually tried it out on my PSP but I have tried it on my computer and it works beautifully. Also, I'm pretty sure that it supports RSS video feeds so you should be able to get to you videos through the browser. Please tell me how it goes because I am also interested in this.

WermerSkoch
January 16th, 2007, 01:59
Yeah, I'm using the latest one from this site. I have the windows .exe running on my desktop, have the default port (3333) opened up in my firewall, and on my psp I edited the .ini file to point to my desktop's ip address. On my psp, it starts up, goes through the connection process, then goes to the next screen where it says "current streaming directory" (or something of the like). It doesn't actually name a directory, though, even though I have a couple listed on my windows PC -- it just says "current directory " " ". After it sits at that screen for 15-20 seconds, my psp shuts off. Any ideas? Thanks!

Warner

WermerSkoch
January 16th, 2007, 02:50
Okay, never mind -- apparently the version on dcemu isn't the latest one. I found version .76 on qj.net, and it works like a charm!

gunntims0103
January 16th, 2007, 03:05
i didnt want to start a thread about this but i think it will go nicly here if anyone can help me.

I noticed that when i go to watch videos on youtube on my psp. It has the little start button icon, i click it on my psp's web browser and the video just doesnt start it goes to the complete end screen where it says the icons thgat say share with a friend and watch again.

My question is, is there someway to watch youtube videos on your psp with full video/audio?

Any help would be much appreiciated.

mavsman4457
January 17th, 2007, 03:53
I don't think so. They aren't RSS are they? To WermerSkoch: Have you tried Orb yet? I really suggest you try it. I am going to download it as soon as I have my PSP back.