PDA

View Full Version : No Gamecube N64 emulator?

sonikku88
January 16th, 2007, 12:10
Can anyone explain to me why there hasn't been an N64 emulator for Gamecube? There seems to be an emulator for nearly every Nintendo console, even Game Boy Advance. :confused:

JKKDARK
January 16th, 2007, 16:29
Because the GameCube must be 4 times more powerful than the Nintendo 64.

rehbock
January 16th, 2007, 16:40
hae my mario kart 64 says something else for gc o.O there is an n64 emulator for gc

sonikku88
January 16th, 2007, 19:30
Because the GameCube must be 4 times more powerful than the Nintendo 64.

So? It's loads more powerful than the NES, SNES and Mega Drive. Yet there are emulators of these consoles for GC.

JKKDARK
January 16th, 2007, 19:40
You're saying consoles from third/fourth generation, these machines can be emulated in any sixth generation console. Nintendo 64 is from fifth generation, more hard to emulate.

Zion
January 16th, 2007, 19:48
im sure there is a n64 emu for the gamecube, that could be used using the ocarina of time game that came with wind waker.

I may be wrong but i dont think i am

Cap'n 1time
January 16th, 2007, 20:04
There was an N64 emulator officially released by nintendo. It is used in the Zelda compilation disk and the MQ disk that came with Wind Waker in its initial release. Once again though.. It was done by nintendo and they got paid to do it :). Naturally, because of their very good documentation and very good dev tools they (usually) are able to produce an emulator better than any hobbyist with public documentation could.

NOTE: Discussion of the exploits in this emulator will lead to a large infraction... so dont even think about posting information and/or requesting information on it. It is illegal.

rehbock
January 16th, 2007, 20:06
Yep Paradox released some time ago
A tool which can exchange the rom on the backup of that "redo" for Gcube

EDIT:
NOTE: Discussion of the exploits in this emulator will lead to a large infraction... so dont even think about posting information and/or requesting information on it. It is illegal.

No warning for you :) The discussion shouldnt go any farther than this though. -The cap'n.

linkenski
January 23rd, 2007, 19:43
there's a N64 emu out for PSP! why not GC?

rehbock
January 23rd, 2007, 20:45
why do many people put their
skill-points in "Dumb Post"
instead of "Read Replies" ability ?

Junixx
January 23rd, 2007, 22:39
there's a N64 emu out for PSP! why not GC?

The CPU in the PSP and the CPU in the N64 is very similar, thats the only reason why there is one out for PSP

Jack_Skellington
January 26th, 2007, 22:59
There will be a decent N64 emulator for the Wii once homebrew has been enabled, forget about the GameCube and get a Wii!

JKKDARK
January 26th, 2007, 23:05
There will be a decent N64 emulator for the Wii once homebrew has been enabled, forget about the GameCube and get a Wii!

But N64 games are already in the Wii Virtual Console..

mastersho
February 4th, 2007, 03:22
i didnt even know of a hack using Zelda. It just goes to show that nintendo hasn't lose their edge.