PDA

View Full Version : Wii frozen during update =-(

eambo
January 17th, 2007, 09:40
Saying frozen is a bit inaccurate. The truth is the wii update bar has stopped. It was left overnight, and has progressed no further. It will not allow me to turn it off, either with the remote or by pressing the button itself. My guess is it will brick if I turn it off via the plug. How can I stop it from bricking? >.<

LilSwish722
January 17th, 2007, 22:14
ehh. unplug it probably. chances are, if it froze, it hasnt reached the update point yet. did it stop like at the very beginning with only about an inch filled up in the bar?

eambo
January 17th, 2007, 22:40
I tried updating, it gave me an error, I assumed it was something silly like it couldn't connect (I've had this problem with wii shop before). So I decided to try it again, the bar filled up about an eight of the way, then it has frozen there since last night. My worry is that it may brick if I turn it off while it's updating >.<.

Junixx
January 18th, 2007, 04:30
Configure your connection manually, manually enter your DNS servers, default gateway, ect.

ICE
January 18th, 2007, 05:18
hold down power or unplug it. it shouldn't brick. if it does just call nintendo and they'll replace it.

ACID
January 18th, 2007, 06:46
that stinks dude. I can only think of holding the power down till it turns of or unpplug and prey.

MikeDX
January 18th, 2007, 09:44
I dont think the wii actually flashes unless it has fully downloaded and been checked.

Unplug it, you'll be fine. I've not heard of a bricked wii yet. (to date)