PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Wallpaper in 3.02 OE-B

elburrodiablo1978
January 17th, 2007, 15:08
Does anyone know why wallpapers disappear when you run a game then exit back to XMB? Everytime I set a wallpaper, run a PSX game or any other homebrew, when I go back to XMB, the wallpaper is gone and the ugly colors and wavy lines are back. Any help would be appreciated.

dejkirkby
January 17th, 2007, 15:37
Right, what you have to do is pretty simple. On the XMB go to settings/theme settings/wallpaper/use. Your wallpapers should now stay on.
Good luck.

jim80b
January 17th, 2007, 16:07
reflash the psp

your flash1 has gone funny
it happened to me and after reinstalling 3.03 again (use the recovery mode to launch the flasher again) it works fine
use xflash to back up the reg and you can restore all your network settings as well

mikebeaver
January 17th, 2007, 16:13
if you have problems with flash 1 you do not need to reflash custom firmware, all you need to do is go intosystem settings\restore default settings.
This will then restore all normal working aspects for flash 1.

elburrodiablo1978
January 19th, 2007, 15:14
Right, what you have to do is pretty simple. On the XMB go to settings/theme settings/wallpaper/use. Your wallpapers should now stay on.
Good luck.

I don't know everything about PSP, but I'm not a noob either. That was the first thing that I tried, but it still erases it. As far as it being my flash1 getting messed up, I downgraged a friends 2.71 TA-082 to 1.5 and then upgraded to 3.02 OE-B, and it does the same thing.

splodger15
January 19th, 2007, 17:04
Have you tried restoring default settings

g00gy
January 19th, 2007, 18:45
I can confirm i have tried all of the above restore defualt settings and flashed 3.03OE back on and still the same problem.

splodger15
January 19th, 2007, 19:49
Have you tried the new flash1 formator

MicroNut
January 21st, 2007, 02:49
I have 3.03OE-B and had the same problem

A search in google popped up this solution
and it worked for me.

psp wallpaper disappearing on 302 / 303oe-firmware (http://www.pspculture.co.uk/psp-wallpaper-disappearing-on-302303oe-firmware/)

While formatting the flash1 probably works.
This solution seemed to me to be much safer and easier.

PSP Wallpaper disappearing on 302 / 303oe-firmware
Ever since I upgraded my PSP to firmware 3.02OE-B, and now 3.03OE-A, I’ve had a problem with the background disappearing each time I reset my PSP. It turns out that this is to do with a couple of folders not being created on the Flash1 bios of the PSP.

There have been several suggestions as to how to remedy this, including doing a ‘reset to default’ on the PSP, which didn’t make any difference on my PSP.

In the end I decided to add the missing folders to my PSP’s flash 1 by hand, but this then raised another issue, how? Everyone I spoke to recommended using File Assistant, but the version I had would only display the flash 0 and flash 1 contents, but not actually create a new folder (both the flash 0 and flash 1 came up with read only next to them).

After much hunting around, I found an old version of File Assistant (0.04) that will allow you to write to flash1.
You can download this version of File Assistant here. (http://www.pspculture.co.uk/downloads/FileAssistant004.rar)

Extract the rar file and copy the 1.5 firmware version of File Assistant onto your Memory Stick Pro Duo, in the GAME150 directory. Run the File Assistant program on your PSP and use the left shoulder button to select the disc option at the bottom of the screen (highlighted in red). Press the right shoulder button to execute the command. You should then see a dialog box where you can select the PSP Bios 1 (or Flash1) folder. Press O and you should see a single folder called registry and a file called config.se. It is here that you need to create the first new folder, called vsh. You then need to create a sub folder under vsh called theme. You can create folders by using the relevant comands at the bottom of the screen in File Assistant.

Once you have created the new vsh/theme folder, reboot your PSP and select a new image as your background. You should now find that the PSP does not lose the background information once you have completed the above.

razorak
January 21st, 2007, 03:03
filer 2.5 allows you to access flash btw, just toggle hacker mode :)

MicroNut
January 21st, 2007, 03:15
I am sure "someone" could come up with a pbp that could do this.
The "noob free" wallpaper theme fixr for 302/303OE.

g00gy
January 21st, 2007, 03:27
I have 3.03OE-B and had the same problem

A search in google popped up this solution
and it worked for me.

psp wallpaper disappearing on 302 / 303oe-firmware (http://www.pspculture.co.uk/psp-wallpaper-disappearing-on-302303oe-firmware/)

While formatting the flash1 probably works.
This solution seemed to me to be much safer and easier.

woho thanx that worked perfectly