PDA

View Full Version : Screen Protector

darcy67
April 6th, 2005, 17:56
I've got a bloody scratch on my screen :mad:

Anyone know a good screen protector I can buy?

Luckily it aint a really bad one, dont notice much when the PSP is on! Phew!

psplover
April 6th, 2005, 18:08
Hori screen protectors. They're sold out at all my local game stores but lik-sang.com and play-asia.com sells them in limited quanties.

Clare
April 6th, 2005, 20:59
This may sound daft but I have a way of getting rid of scratches.

you need the following items:

1. A clean soft duster, one of the yellow ones will do.
2. A bottle of Brasso (Don't laugh).

Brasso sounds like it would really be a bad thing to use on your PSP, but you only use a little bit. Brasso is slightly abrasive, it will actually shine the screen, and smooth out the scratch. This method also works for watch faces, DVD's and CD's too! I have revived CD's that are totally unplayable, really kewl stuff! It's primarily made to shine brass, and it does this by taking off a very fine microscopic layer. And that's how it gets rid of the scratches.

Hope that helps with the present scratch, then you can use a screen protector to prevent new ones in future.

darcy67
April 6th, 2005, 21:16
Thanks for the tip, I'm sure I've got Brasso in the work. I knew there was a way of getting rid of them just wasnt sure. Need to get that screen protector asap.

leggy
April 6th, 2005, 21:19
Look on ebay - plenty of screen protectors.

Vimes220
April 6th, 2005, 23:09
mosy of the major import sites supply them, just look to see if they have an accessories section.

darcy67
April 7th, 2005, 10:49
Here's a tip, don't use brasso. It doesn't work very well and kinda adds to the porblem if you know what I mean.

Mental2k
April 7th, 2005, 14:06
Ipod people have a ot of problem with scratches, i recommend searching for how to sort ipod scratches, then applying this new found knowledge to your psp!