PDA

View Full Version : Popstation question, help please?

Terial
January 17th, 2007, 23:26
Okay, kind of late to get on the bandwagon... but how does popstation work and where can I find it? From what I can tell it takes an ISO or an ISO from a PSX game and converts it into an EBOOT that the PSX emulator will handle and run.

That definetly sounds interesting to me. So I've looked around for a DL source, but all I get on searches is some chinese PSP fake, or news articles. Not to mention I have no idea what it actually does. If anyone would help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

gunntims0103
January 17th, 2007, 23:30
firstly its not hard to find its in the psp applications section on the psp dcemu news page. Also you will need a custom firmware compatible psp. If you don't have that all hopes of playing your own ps1 games on your psp is lost! using popstation is very easy. The readme tells it all.

If you want to get it from the man who created the program himself just go here.

www.dark-alex.org

Download 3.03OE-A and in the download will be a folder called popstation. the program will be inside along with a readme.

Terial
January 18th, 2007, 01:51
Any idea what I'm doin wrong if I get the error message:
"Invalid number of arguments.
Usage: popstation title game code compressionlevel file.iso"

Sounds like I'm asking the program to do too much? O_o

EDIT: Now I'm getting an error, Coudl not open BASE.PBP...

EDIT: Yeah, I realize what I need now.. so I'm going to go and do that...

Terial
January 18th, 2007, 05:12
Okay, I've gotten the EBOOT for my game, I chose Chrono Cross NTSC.

When I go to launch the game from the XMB, it shows the disclamer for the emulator then the PSP hangs and shuts off. I'm running on 3.03 OE-B. Am I doing something wrong? ><;

EDIT: Sorry about the double posting <<;
EDIT2:
Okay.. I did something VERY stupid... but now thas fixed... so i'm tryign to load CC now, and I get past the disclamer, but nothing loads. I can return to the XMB, and go to the emulator's menu. So I'm guessing I ripped the ISO wrong or need to try the 3.02 emulator. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

burningheat3rd
January 20th, 2007, 04:04
I'm having the same problem. Well your old problem. I have Legend of Legaia converted with danny_kay's popstation gui and I put the eboot.pbp and key.bin in "Legend of Legaia" folder in psp\game. I can load up "PSPSone" from the psp main menu and the disclaimer comes on. After a couple seconds the system shuts off. I'm using 3.03 OE - B.

Tetris999
January 20th, 2007, 04:23
gui's ALWAYS have problems and i suggest you dont really need to use them

burningheat3rd
January 20th, 2007, 06:17
I actually got it to work. Thanks anyway. Just one other thing though, for anyone that does use danny_kay's gui, when I convert Legend of Legaia and Final Fantasy 6, I use the "edit name/code" option or whatever and it works fine. I can see on my psp by going to the information which game is which. However for whatever reason when I do the same exact thing with Symphony of the Night it keeps on coming up as Hot Shots Golf 2. Any answers?