PDA

View Full Version : Popstation controls...

dabeastx
January 18th, 2007, 18:01
Is there any way to remap the controls to something other than what sony has preset? It's hard to sneak in oddworld... it's not really a big deal, but it would be kinda nice...

S34MU5
January 18th, 2007, 18:21
hmm... maybe press home.
then go to buttons selection?

On most things you download there is a file called README try reading it before posting these types of threads... that goes to everyone

hockey2112
January 18th, 2007, 19:27
hmm... maybe press home.

On most things you download there is a file called README try reading it before posting these types of threads... that goes to everyone

Dude, no reason to get snippy with the guy. I'm sure that he was referring to all of Sony's controller presets, not just the default preset. You should read threads more carefully before posting a sarcastic reply... that goes to everyone.

In any case, I dislike all of Sony's presets (they really suck for the Twisted Metal games), and wish that you could remap the buttons however you please, as dabeastx is asking above. Unfortunately, I do not know if it is even possible. Maybe DAX will incorporate this into his next OE revision?

EDIT:
I forgot to mention, you can always go into your game's menu and adjust the buttons therein (adjust them in the game, not in the emulator with the HOME button). Match them up to the Sony preset of your choice, and save your game.

dabeastx
January 18th, 2007, 22:33
hmm... maybe press home.

I'm not a dumb@ss... sony's "4" presets suck for oddworld because in order to sneak you need to use both the d-pad and the analogue stick at the same time... this is doable, but i was hoping for a way around it...

Dude, no reason to get snippy with the guy. I'm sure that he was referring to all of Sony's controller presets, not just the default preset. You should read threads more carefully before posting a sarcastic reply... that goes to everyone.

In any case, I dislike all of Sony's presets (they really suck for the Twisted Metal games), and wish that you could remap the buttons however you please, as dabeastx is asking above. Unfortunately, I do not know if it is even possible. Maybe DAX will incorporate this into his next OE revision?

EDIT:
I forgot to mention, you can always go into your game's menu and adjust the buttons therein (adjust them in the game, not in the emulator with the HOME button). Match them up to the Sony preset of your choice, and save your game.

lol, thanks for taking up for me there. I was hoping oddworld let me remap the buttons in the game itself, but they are all preset... there aren't even multiple presets :(

ICE
January 18th, 2007, 23:23
this sounds like a job for DAX!!!!

Apoklepz
April 11th, 2007, 02:11
Yeah, I know what you mean...

...I've been trying to get my remaps right for Alien Ressurection with the latest Cwcheat....but i've had no luck...PSP UMD's remap smoothly, though.

Hmmmm....It seems Pops understands a different line of control commands, not the same as the default PSP mapping commands.

I hope somebody will soon share these commands for Pops....FPS games like Alien Resurrection and the complete Rainbow Six and Medal of Honor series, and a bevy of many other PSX games need this badly.

YOUR PRESETS SUCK @SS, $ONY!!!!!

lol