PDA

View Full Version : Slots on back of Classic Controller?

IndianCheese
January 19th, 2007, 03:47
What is the purpose for the slots on the back of the Classic Controller and the button that unlocks whatever goes in there? Cause it would be kick-ass if somehow it could connect to the Wii Remote so you can still use it to point while playing old-school games 'n such...

sonikku88
January 19th, 2007, 19:16
I don't have a Classic controller but my guess is a microphone add-on for when Hey You Pikachu comes to VC. :rofl:

Accordion
January 19th, 2007, 22:51
i remember the original idea was that the remote just slotted into a classic controller type device. unfortunately nintendo seems to have forgotten that, and stuck a cable on the end of it. it is a shame they didnt keep the design as then the controller could still be used for pointing and motion control and possibly transferring the rumble feature [ maybe,though it is quite weak]

maybe you could post a pic, i never bought one because of the cable, but if is could allow for attatching the wii remote, then it might be more useful...

I xfire I
December 27th, 2007, 16:38
i was also wondering the same thing

Fredgoobus
April 11th, 2008, 17:25
I don't know about the UK, but here in the US we have a third party thing that hooks onto the back. Not only does it attach the wiimote to the back of the controller, but it adds grips. I think it is kind of ugly, could have been designed better, but I can't comment on its comfort factor because I've never used one.

OH CRAP. Sorry, just realized I necro-posted.