PDA

View Full Version : Help with UMD games

hypochondriac
January 19th, 2007, 18:19
Hello there. I just bought my PSP off ebay and have updated to the latest firmware 3.03-oeb and everything works great. I have downloaded a few emulators and they are brilliant. I heard you needed a UMD to play psx games (which I dont have) so today I went and purchased a cheap one. Problem is it doesnt seem to be working. I know I need US games but is there an application which allows me to play UK games on a US PSP?

splodger15
January 19th, 2007, 18:50
It doesnt matter on which games you purchase. I think

hypochondriac
January 19th, 2007, 19:08
Ok then it is a problem with the PSP! The white screen with PSP accross it comes on then the PSP shuts itself off! Any ideas what I should do to get it to work? The game is football manager handheld.

Malksta
January 19th, 2007, 20:05
Errr.. UMD's aren't needed to play PSX games..

ExcruciationX
January 19th, 2007, 20:09
Wait... Who the heck told you that you need a UMD to play PSX games? You don't, you load them from the XMB (like other homebrew).

hypochondriac
January 19th, 2007, 20:17
Just tried an MSloader game and got the same result. Should I downgrade?

hypochondriac
January 19th, 2007, 20:22
ok well anyway I cant ge the PSP games to work so this is also an issue!

ExcruciationX
January 19th, 2007, 20:35
What happens when you try to load the game?

SSaxdude
January 19th, 2007, 21:03
PSX games don't need a UMD in the drive, that was for something else. UK games will work fine on a US PSP, the PSP is region free (except for the UMD movies.)

Accordion
January 19th, 2007, 21:55
me thinks this is about warez...

what game are you trying to get to work???

hypochondriac
January 19th, 2007, 22:19
No I have attempted to get a legit football manager handheld game to work. The white screen with PSP and the noise comes up as if it was loading a normal application or game. After this the screen just stays on the PSP screen for a while before turning itself off. I then tried another game with msloader and I got the same result.

carlitx
January 19th, 2007, 22:22
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha thats a good one man you need umd games to play umd iso's of games that u either backed up or pirated.

Accordion
January 19th, 2007, 22:23
stop being moronic and use the disc!

hypochondriac
January 19th, 2007, 22:30
I have used the disk which I have already told u! I got confused reading the forum ok? All I need is some help with getting football manager handheld the UMD DISK! working on my PSP. It is not illegal it's not homebrew it is a paid for legal game.

hypochondriac
January 19th, 2007, 22:41
All I did was come on asking for some help. My game isn't working and I don't think my posts are that difficult to understand. Instead of laughing at me or calling me a moron perhaps you could help by constructing an informative post which which would actually aid me.

ExcruciationX
January 19th, 2007, 23:00
All I did was come on asking for some help. My game isn't working and I don't think my posts are that difficult to understand. Instead of laughing at me or calling me a moron perhaps you could help by constructing an informative post which which would actually aid me.
Have you turned on "No-UMD" in recovery mode?

hypochondriac
January 20th, 2007, 00:46
That is disabled.

carlitx
January 20th, 2007, 04:27
ya sorry for laughing but maby theres something wrog with the UMD its self i came across a GTA; LCS one time(B-day gift) aand it practicly fell apart in my hands but luckaly wallmart replaced the damn thing lol . oh and as u can see i do have a sephi persona lol so i might be mean from time to time just ignor it if i am lol

ExcruciationX
January 20th, 2007, 05:01
That is disabled.
You need to enable it to run ISO "backups". Put the ISO "dump" in the (Memory Stick Root Dir)/ISO/ folder. Then goto "Game" and select the game from there.

vision
January 20th, 2007, 06:08
Hmm your probly have a damaged UMD, try using devhook to emulate 1.5. Or switch some of the region stuff in recovery... You never know

hypochondriac
January 20th, 2007, 17:31
ok well i downgraded and then upgraded to 3.03 oea and I can now play the games! Still have some trouble with my PSX games though.

dejkirkby
January 20th, 2007, 17:41
You need to enable it to run ISO "backups". Put the ISO "dump" in the (Memory Stick Root Dir)/ISO/ folder. Then goto "Game" and select the game from there.

I can't say I'm impressed with you aiding someone to use ISO's. You know the rules as much as anyone.

Tinnus
January 20th, 2007, 17:51
*ahem* Not to mention the information is wrong :rolleyes:

hypochondriac
January 20th, 2007, 20:05
Ok at least now it isnt crashing! Instead I get error 80010002 any ideas?

xg917
January 20th, 2007, 20:06
um... i thot we werent allowed to talk about isos

hypochondriac
January 20th, 2007, 20:28
I am not. I am asking how I fix the error. God some people are so unhelpful! I have had about 3 helpful replies to this topic and about 30 time wasting replies.

splodger15
January 20th, 2007, 20:29
Take your ISO talk to HERE (www.psp-hacks.com)

Accordion
January 20th, 2007, 20:50
maybe for some some reason my education has failed me for a short period, but i have no idea what this guy actually wants help with....

psx
psp
iso
umd

?????????

hypochondriac
January 21st, 2007, 21:47
Perhaps this will make it clearer for you accordian? I originally started this topic because I could not get football manager UMD to work. I downgraded and it now works. Now I want my legally backed up PSX game to work on the PSP (ignore that if I am not allowed to talk about it) and a PSP game using MSLOADER. When I try to start my PSX game it starts and then comes up with some error (8210002 or something) and when I try and run MSLOADER it just turns the PSP off. My firmware is now 3.03- oea, although if you had bothered to read and understand all my posts you would have realised this. Can anyone please offer any HELPFUL advice? It would be much appreciated.

Accordion
January 22nd, 2007, 00:01
Hello there. I just bought my PSP off ebay and have updated to the latest firmware 3.03-oeb and everything works great. I have downloaded a few emulators and they are brilliant. I heard you needed a UMD to play psx games (which I dont have) so today I went and purchased a cheap one. Problem is it doesnt seem to be working. I know I need US games but is there an application which allows me to play UK games on a US PSP?

i could help... but i dont like PSP iso talk...
and because you were so polite i have posted your original message to re-iterate your mess of a post

oh, and guess what...

hypochondriac
January 22nd, 2007, 00:30
If you read my later posts I think it is quite clear what I am asking. I have made it clearer with my last post. Perhaps you could read through this thread and count the amount of people who have given me advice and how many people have laughed or been a general pain? I don't want tp get into an argument I just want some help! Please don't continue posting here unless you have some advice to offer which concerns my previous post. Thanks.

ExcruciationX
January 22nd, 2007, 04:32
If you read my later posts I think it is quite clear what I am asking. I have made it clearer with my last post. Perhaps you could read through this thread and count the amount of people who have given me advice and how many people have laughed or been a general pain? I don't want tp get into an argument I just want some help! Please don't continue posting here unless you have some advice to offer which concerns my previous post. Thanks.
May you by any chance have a custom font flashed?

Accordion
January 22nd, 2007, 08:42
ooh!

some help:
dont use PSP ISOs
and dont discuss them on this site !

hypochondriac
January 22nd, 2007, 17:52
May you by any chance have a custom font flashed?

Nope. I jut don't understand it its a mystery! If I'm not allowed to talk about it do you know where I could?

ExcruciationX
January 22nd, 2007, 19:24
Nope. I jut don't understand it its a mystery! If I'm not allowed to talk about it do you know where I could?

Hmm...

Are you putting the PSX game in the PSP/GAME/ folder?

Does the Gameboot show when you boot the PSX game? Or does a warning screen come up?

hypochondriac
January 22nd, 2007, 22:01
In recovery mode should the kernel thingy be 1.5 or a different one?

ExcruciationX
January 22nd, 2007, 22:58
In recovery mode should the kernel thingy be 1.5 or a different one?
Kernal should be set to 3.03. No wonder you are having problems!

Put the PSX games in the PSP/GAME/ folder also.