PDA

View Full Version : Port Idea- Dragon 32 SDL Emulator

wraggster
February 25th, 2005, 02:34
XRoar is a Dragon 32, Dragon 64 and Tandy CoCo emulator for Unix, Linux, GP32, MacOS X and Win32. It uses standard cassette images (".cas" files) and virtual diskettes (".vdk" files) but has its own snapshot format at the moment (no ".pak" file support).

XRoar is Free Software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public Licence.

Notes for v0.11
This release introduces a Win32 version (using the Win32 SDL port) which just about works, although from what I witnessed, the sound is incredibly choppy. Unfortunately I don't have anything to test it on, so fixing that up will be slow. GP32 support is broken for some reason (it runs, but sound and video is broken), so I'll leave the previous release of that binary up.

Also new: Support for Dragon 64 in 64K BASIC mode. Translation mode in SDL keyboard module. French and German keyboard mappings for 'raw' mode in SDL keyboard module. SDL-YUV uses hardware scaling where available. JACK sound module. Basic NTSC artifact simulation. GP32 chatboard support.

http://www.6809.org.uk/dragon/xroar.shtml

quzar
February 25th, 2005, 03:57
yea, i ported that last night ;) dont have it ready for release, but i have it displaying stuff.

Darksaviour69
February 25th, 2005, 11:03
great work quzar, just googled and found out that is a BBC type computer and its welsh! and was released about 2 months before i was born ;)

wraggster
February 26th, 2005, 00:07
awesome stuff