PDA

View Full Version : Popstation ghost lines/trails

g00gy
January 20th, 2007, 15:02
Im just wondering is anyone else experiancing a problem like this in such games as soul reaver or suikoden II. you move the character or the screen moves and it looks like it has ghost trails... not very good :(

anyway is anyone else experiancing this?

Tinnus
January 20th, 2007, 16:57
The screen in the PSP is not good for dark colors, there's a strong "ghost effect" with them. Dark pixels take longer to vanish (change color) compared to brigher ones. If what you mean is this problem (If I'm not mistaken these games are dark), it has nothing to do with the emulator but the PSP screen itself--and should happen with PSP games as well.

Malksta
January 20th, 2007, 17:50
The screen in the PSP is not good for dark colors, there's a strong "ghost effect" with them. Dark pixels take longer to vanish (change color) compared to brigher ones. If what you mean is this problem (If I'm not mistaken these games are dark), it has nothing to do with the emulator but the PSP screen itself--and should happen with PSP games as well.

You are so smart :P

g00gy
January 20th, 2007, 18:03
You are so smart :P

>tinnus:
K thanx atleast i know im not the only one. do you know of a way to fix this problem? lol maybe make the screen brighter :p

>malksta:
are you agreeing with him? :o

qskint
January 20th, 2007, 18:58
you cant change it, its the response time of the psp hardware. like try playing a fats moving game such as an fps on a cheap tft monitor, same thing

Tinnus
January 21st, 2007, 03:09
>tinnus:
K thanx atleast i know im not the only one. do you know of a way to fix this problem? lol maybe make the screen brighter :p
Replace your screen with a better one :p

Making the SCREEN brighter isn't an option because the pixels on the screen are the real colors being received by the graphics hardware. When you change the screen brightness you're actually changing the strength of the backlight.

What WOULD work though, is making the (internal) screen of the GAME brighter. Of course for that you'd have to hack the emulator or the game and add some gamma correction code (not easy :p).

You can see that most PSP games are very bright compared to console ones. I imagine the devs are aware of that "problem" in the screen and make the games brighter to compensate for it.

As for me... I just forget the blur is there.