PDA

View Full Version : LuaChase Beta

scottyboynow
January 20th, 2007, 20:36
This is the Beta to LuaChase, I haven't made collision yet and is very basic, you'll need LuaPlayer though (Can't get it to load from XMB)
Features:
A.I
Player
Background
This is my first ever Lua Game.

If someone wants to make it into a Eboot so you can load from XMB you can I was having troubles
Download Here: LuaZone (http://luazone.forum5.com/viewtopic.php?p=110&mforum=luazone#110)

-Xandu-
January 20th, 2007, 20:44
Ok, here is a guide to making a eboot for your lua scripts to run directly from the xmb (no need for luaplayer)

right then,

1. First of all get the "luaplayer" and "luaplayer%" folders (for 1.5 eboot) or just the "luaplayer" folder (for 1.0 + 2.xx eboot) (i reccomend using v0.16)

2. Next, delete everything inside the "luaplayer" folder except the "eboot" and the "system" folder.

3. Now delete the "libary" folder (located inside the "system" folder, and then all that should be left in the system folder is a lua file named "system.lua".

4. Then put all of your lua script/s (one has to be "index.lua" for it to load) into the "luaplayer" folder.

5. Rename the folders "luaplayer" (for 1.0 + 2.xx users) or both the "luaplayer" & "luaplayer%" folders to whatever your game is called. Remember to keep the "%" in the name of the second folder (for 1.5 users) or it wont work. For example "game" & "game%".

5. Customise your eboot (contained in the "luaplayer" or whatever you named the folder *(for 1.0 + 2.xx users) or in the "luaplayer%" or whatever you named the folder (for 1.5 users) using an application called "PspBrew".

6. Put the "luaplayer" or whatever you named the folder, into the psp/game directory (for 1.0 + 2.xx users) or both the "luaplayer" & "luaplayer% or whatever you named the folder (for 1.5 users) into the psp/game directory.

7. Play your game from the xmb/menu!

scottyboynow
January 20th, 2007, 20:47
I know thats Zions guide I saw just that it always says that System/INDEX.LUA: no such file or directory.

-Xandu-
January 20th, 2007, 20:53
Make sure Index.lua is present in the System folder.

scottyboynow
January 20th, 2007, 20:55
It is, I really don't have a clue why it isn't working, I have tried it about 15 times.

-Xandu-
January 20th, 2007, 20:57
Upload the files here, I'll help you.

scottyboynow
January 20th, 2007, 21:01
Download:

-Xandu-
January 20th, 2007, 21:28
Should work now, try it :D.

scottyboynow
January 20th, 2007, 21:38
Thanks, I am still learning.
Edit: Don't work for me.

-Xandu-
January 20th, 2007, 21:49
Forgot to mention, you have to put a % file too.

Ex:

Luachase
Luachase%

scottyboynow
January 20th, 2007, 22:04
Still doesnt work.

vision
January 21st, 2007, 00:47
Here you go, eboot form it worked for me =]

Also nice job for a begginer how long you been doing lua?

scottyboynow
January 21st, 2007, 20:25
Not long, about 1 month (slowly).

vision
January 21st, 2007, 23:19
Thats not bad at all, im learning lua as well ( I joined luazone btw ) but i cant think of what kind of game to release

scottyboynow
January 22nd, 2007, 17:52
Me and splodger15 are making a game together, but we haven't got any plans yet.

splodger15
January 22nd, 2007, 19:33
We need a game to do.

These are my current planes for my games to finish off:

PSP Turismo (Still has bits to be added)

Manic Miner(Very basic at the moment so no realese yet)

Where's Sora V0.2(This is nearly finished so expect a realease soon)

Kenny's Rampage ( Having trouble with the bullets)

Secret project( I am keeping this project quite)

vision
January 22nd, 2007, 22:17
You buzy man splodger lol well if any of you guys need help let me now

Im helping splodger with the graphics btw

Anyways did the eboot work?

scottyboynow
January 24th, 2007, 18:37
Yeah, worked for me.