PDA

View Full Version : Ripping PS1 games with audio tracks (sub data)

dementedbrave
January 20th, 2007, 23:42
Hey, anyone know how to do this? i never figured it out using isos in epsxe either, now i am trying to get it to work on the psp ps1 emulator.

For example - Jet moto 2 has the game info on one track and about 16 other tracks that contain the game music. I can make a perfect copy of the game with all music using alcohol 120 but POPSTATION doesn't load alcohol files (mds, mdf). I tried converting it to bin/cue and iso formats but it loses the music tracks.

there must be a program that can make a bin/cue file that keeps separate tracks, anyone know what it is?
I know there are more games that use this method for the audio, tomb raider 2, i think is another.

gamerremag
January 20th, 2007, 23:48
hey, just use magic .iso

dementedbrave
January 20th, 2007, 23:53
thanks, i'll give it a try.

"holy grey area batman." that is ****ing awesome

dementedbrave
January 21st, 2007, 00:45
do you have any experience with this or are you just suggesting the program you use, because this one doesnt keep the audio tracks either, unless i am doing something wrong

brainpan
January 21st, 2007, 00:49
There is a way to do it I just cant remeber. It was talked about a few weeks ago but I cant remember all the details. I think it involved a special version of popstation or somehting. Search the threads for it.

dementedbrave
January 21st, 2007, 00:50
ok i found a problem, just using the bin file, like in the popstation converter, it doesnt read the extra cd tracks, it has to read the cue file, which popstation doesn't

Tinnus
January 21st, 2007, 01:12
Rip it using CloneCD and get the CDDA version of popstation (look in the news section) to convert the game.

dementedbrave
January 21st, 2007, 01:29
thanks, i just found the version. i missed it when it came out.

gamerremag
January 21st, 2007, 01:35
thanks for the sig comments. oh, i do have experience with magic iso

sakamoto
January 22nd, 2007, 00:05
just remove the music and get extremely memstick friendly psx games. let me give you some examples:

> GTA London 1969 => 28mb (radio stations ripped)

> Destruction Derby => 17mb (yeah idd ..17 ;-) (BGM ripped)