PDA

View Full Version : Using Nintendo DS as a WiFi phone!

ZuPac
January 21st, 2007, 05:43
Has anyone tried any of these DS VoIP hacks (http://voiptelephonyservice.blogspot.com/2007/01/nintendo-ds-hacks-for-free-wifi-voip.html) that let you voice chat? If so, how was your experience?

DanTheManMS
January 21st, 2007, 06:00
I've used WifiVoiceChat, although both you and your friend have to have DS homebrew equipment to use it.

If you're looking for a program like SkypeOut, there is none, unfortunately.

ZuPac
January 21st, 2007, 06:10
I've used WifiVoiceChat, although both you and your friend have to have DS homebrew equipment to use it.

If you're looking for a program like SkypeOut, there is none, unfortunately.

Yeah, I'm hoping a SIP compatible voice app will be developed soon (under DSLinux maybe?), but a SkypeOut clone would be okay too.

It's great that you've used the VoiceChatClient! Was the voice quality pretty good?

Joel92
January 22nd, 2007, 03:45
sound quality is ok... it cuts in and out sometimes, and is pretty quite, plus most people dont even use the voice part of it. anyways, lots of times i use wifivoicechat with my friend across the street when we want to talk... its pretty cool.

ZuPac
February 1st, 2007, 20:59
Thanks Joel, it sounds like it would be worth a try!

I hope the WiFi signal is strong enough...

Spelvin
February 21st, 2007, 07:37
been trying to get HelloDS to work with me Supercard but just et a white screen, though to me it seems like the option with the most promise.

DanTheManMS
February 21st, 2007, 22:21
HelloDS was a hoax unfortunately. There is no Wifi code in it at all.

Right now, the best option would probably be either the Metroid voicechat or the WifiVoiceChat program previously mentioned in this topic.

Wintz
May 24th, 2007, 10:30
hey guys and girls, i was thinking about getting a ds for my girlfriend and I, as we could play games with each other and i thought, we could use the DS to talk to each other, and was very suprised that there was not many apps that can do this!

we both have wireless router and we usually get pretty good reception, whats the quality like, can you plug a headset in?

thanks!