PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question...

rob0tik
January 21st, 2007, 10:55
Hi, I’m interested in getting my DS Lite playing MP3s and stuff. I’ve been looking into it a fair bit, and it seems the M3 Perfect Simply is the way to go. I just had one quick question b4 I buy it.

I’ve heard the DSLite isn’t region specific, but I just wanted to ask for sure. If I buy an M3 Simply from GamerSection.ca (Canada) will it work with my DSLite from Australia?

Thanks

DanTheManMS
January 21st, 2007, 17:19
The DS is indeed region free. Also take a look and see if your store has the R4 in stock, as the M3 Simply and R4 are almost exactly the same thing with different labels on them. In fact, with some minor soldering, you can convert between the two. One is usually cheaper than the other, so get whichever one costs less.

rob0tik
January 21st, 2007, 17:55
It's good to know it don't have to worry about region locks and stuff, thanks!

I've read about the R4 as well, and you're right, it seems it's pretty identical to the M3. Even though the M3 is a bit more expensive, it's a stronger brand from what I hear, one that has better support. So I'm still going to get the M3 I recon.

DanTheManMS
January 21st, 2007, 18:16
I'm telling you, it's the exact same product. This is a quote from the M3 team:

M3 DS simply & R4 is same our produts .
We sell the M3 DS simply .
And our Factory sell the R4 .

We will release the M3 DS real & G6 DS later .
Any information , we will inform you .

Best Regards

Looking at http://scdev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8388 you can see that they are the same thing with just one connector that is different. By bridging that connector, you turn one into the other.

rob0tik
January 21st, 2007, 18:44
Hmm, well GamerSection.ca lists both the M3 and the R4 at the same price $45.95, so unless there is a reliable place that sells the r4 for $10 less, it doesn't really matter.

kcajblue
January 22nd, 2007, 02:56
playing backups...no rom talk please. :)

rob0tik
January 22nd, 2007, 04:03
oh sorry, I didn't relise. I thought it was ok if you already owned the games.

darkhelmet
May 28th, 2007, 03:43
No, it's still illegal even if you own the game, so just don't talk about them here. The M3 has better support out of the box for mp3s and movies, but if what dan says is true, then they should both work fine.