PDA

View Full Version : Xlink Kai Authentication

blipton
January 21st, 2007, 14:54
So I recently got banned from Xlink Kai due to some inappropriate language that resulted from letting my friends use my account.

Upon onset of the ban, Kai bans your ip from accessing their domain http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/ . In trying to work around this, I went into my router and cloned its mac address to get a new ip. This was successful and I was able to get back into their website.

I then went ahead and created a new account and tried logging in. I was still unable to get past the authentication. So I tried loggin in on a different computer in the household and was successful. (This is logging into Xlink Kai itself, not the web address)

My next thought is that they might have banned the MAC address of the NIC used on my computer, so I downloaded Gentle Mac and proceeded to change my MAC address. This attempt was also unsuccessful. I also installed a different NIC card just to make sure the Gentle Mac somehow did not work.

So here I am now, not sure by what other methods kai could be using to lock me out. I have not ruled out the possibility of kai writing a file somewhere, although I did go through my registry manually and delete any instance of Xlink or Kai I could find.

If there are any programs to let me check what kai asks my computer for during authentication please let me know, or if anyone has an alternative method to try. I would like to get back to playing my psp online and any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

vision
January 21st, 2007, 17:04
WTF?? This is for psp dude

Kramer
January 21st, 2007, 17:10
WTF?? This is for psp dude

It's about the PSP.

Why dont you go on the xlink forums and explain what happened and they might just unban you.

vision
January 21st, 2007, 23:11
Oh im sorry then, i just once heard it was about pc..what is it anyways

Kramer
January 21st, 2007, 23:19
It's a program to play ad-hoc only games online.

vision
January 21st, 2007, 23:24
Yeah xg is explaying it to me ( to play vcs throught it )

scarph
January 22nd, 2007, 22:45
damn ive never even wanted to use xlink