PDA

View Full Version : Having the guts to downgrade

robbytherob
January 21st, 2007, 18:43
I'll real new to the homebrew scene but old to the gaming thing...anyway.I've been looking for ages for a 2.8 downgrader.
I see that it's now out and people seem to be having success with it.
I've now just got to pluck up the courage to go for it.
I'll follow the instruction to the letter but is there one thats easier or safer than the rest.
Please point me in the right direction.
Also been looking at the ps1 on psp thing but that is another day...to get to 1.5 would be a great start.:)

robbytherob
January 21st, 2007, 18:46
Just to add......I've looked in the back of the psp and there's no writing etc on the board.
So I take it that means it's not a TA- whatever and the right one to use.

gdf
January 21st, 2007, 19:14
go for it. if your psp is less than a year old and it bricks, sony will replace it for you (just dont say you were trying to downgrade lol). anyway it's unlikely to brick unless you make a drastic mistake or are very unlucky and your flash is corrupt or some other shit.

robbytherob
January 26th, 2007, 22:52
Right,I've been reading and reading instructions.
Just a few questions.
When loading the Hen files it says to copy the MS_ROOT files to the root of the memory card.
By that do you mean the MP_ROOT file on the psp?
So new to all this and the lingo is killing me.
And when it talks of the XMB whats that ????
Please help as I feel like I'm missing out on so much.

vision
January 26th, 2007, 22:56
on the zip/rar you should see a MS_ROOT folder extract it to your psp memory stick root

the xmb is the menu where you have video picture game network and settings

robbytherob
January 26th, 2007, 23:32
Cheers for that...I'll give it a go.

acn010
January 26th, 2007, 23:33
hope you dont brick it

robbytherob
January 26th, 2007, 23:47
Extracted it to memory stick but do i create its own folder on there or overwrite them on the stick???

acn010
January 27th, 2007, 00:26
hey
you want help on downgrading? ill help ypui messege me and ill give you everything you need

robbytherob
January 27th, 2007, 00:41
Cheers i'll be in touch.

baracki96
January 27th, 2007, 00:47
Your doing good by reading all the instructions and asking questions, and by the new downgraders stability you should be in good shape. I hope the best for you.

vision
January 27th, 2007, 02:49
you overwrite

Zer_T
January 27th, 2007, 02:56
Is there a higher risk of brickage using the latest downgrader even though you have a ta-82 as to compared to a non ta-82? This is for firmware 2.8x..

robbytherob
January 27th, 2007, 22:23
I over wrote the PSP folder out of the MS_ROOT folder onto the psp to no success.
I feel i've done something wrong still.

scottyboynow
January 27th, 2007, 22:25
I dug up the guts one day, and now I am happy I went from 2.80>1.50>3.03OE-C.

carlitx
January 27th, 2007, 22:30
same as scotty...ok i have to get this out of my ystem: aaaahhhemmm....beam me up scotty.

robbytherob
February 2nd, 2007, 22:05
Can someone please help......Really don't want to brick my psp so I'm not doing anything till i get some advice.....
When installing HEN i over wrote the files i told but nothing happens,
Not sure if I've done something wrong but when i took HEN off psp it still works as before....
Reluctant to do anything with it now and can't see me ever getting 1.5.

LilSwish722
February 3rd, 2007, 05:00
its incredibly easy to downgrade. the root of the mem stick is the very first part u see. with the MP_ROOT, VIDEO, MUSIC, PSP folders

robbytherob
February 4th, 2007, 00:37
Right,I've copied the contents MS_ROOT folder on psp overwriting the folders on it but just doesn't seem to do anything.sometimes screen just freezes and other times just blanks out.?????

xg917
February 4th, 2007, 00:39
u have a background on ur psp? that makes it work a lot better

LilSwish722
February 4th, 2007, 01:09
ok heres what i did.
1. Download the DG from here. and extract it
2. Follow the readme. (obvious I know)
3. when it gets to something about a creating a DXAR file. skip it and download Excruciation X's pack as it already has the created DXAR file.
4. put X's files in the GAME folder.
5. Run the updater, make sure you have 75% battery or the downgrader won't run, and it needs to be plugged into the AC Adaptor.
6. WATCH lol. its pretty cool to watch it.
7. DOWNLOAD ALOT OF HOMEBREW.

there. that should help. if you need anymore help, just post here and i'll help. or you can PM me