PDA

View Full Version : D-PAD problem

madcat1990
January 21st, 2007, 20:26
I have a problem on my D-PAD, the left and up keys are less sensitive than what they used to be T_T
for example just a small click on the right button is detected but on the left...I have to hit it hard T_T

but that's not my only problem!

I bought my PSP in Canada and I live in portugal (I am now in portugal)...WHAT SHOULD I DO?

A) Send it to sony and pay for them to fix it AND take away my 3.03 OE-B

OR

B) Open it myself and fix it (If you post a how to)

Please!! I need your help T_T

splodger15
January 21st, 2007, 20:34
I would open it up my self

madcat1990
January 21st, 2007, 21:13
Good, now, how would you fix this?

Hobobo
January 21st, 2007, 21:34
Hmm I saw a mod somewhere online to make the D-Pad more sensitive... I'll go and try to look for it again.

Anger
January 21st, 2007, 21:56
if the dpad is symetrical inside (the big rubber disk) then you can rotate it so the pads rest on different contacts. this will wear new tracks into the carbon pads and make it seem like new. if it cant be rotated then replace the dpad completly.
under no circumstance would i return it to sony unless it was within warranty, however i wouldnt do it anyway now because of my love for homebrew and the ability to play my OWN ps1 games.

madcat1990
January 21st, 2007, 22:32
Could you send me fotos or a movie or something that might help me in doing it? :(

Anger
January 22nd, 2007, 00:43
i have checked up and you cant rotate the dpad so thats out of the window.
the only other thing as was mentioned was the dpad fix - this is a little complex if you dont know what your doing but honestly i dont think it will help you.
however if you really really want to try it then heres the link.

http://ufighterx.com/guides/videogame/pspdpadfix/pspdpadfix.htm

madcat1990
January 22nd, 2007, 01:00
Thanks!!!