PDA

View Full Version : Problem with audio when converting movie

SalTheWop
April 8th, 2005, 11:44
Whenever I try to convert a movie using the QVGA/15fps/216kpbs Mono.32kpbs the audio is WAY out of synch.The only way it seems to stay in synch is by using one of the 29.97fps settings, which is great,quality wise ,but leaves me with a file thats too big for the 512mb card!!

Huckleberry_Fin
April 8th, 2005, 17:40
Are you using 3GP? If so then use the varible BitRate option instead, they're the ones that have QVB, they all use 29fps but only use high BitRates for frames with lot of movment in them. I've converted a 1.1Gb .avi (1h 40min film) into an mp4 that's only 279Mb and the picture quality is amazing.

This way you can enjoy smooth films without eating all your memory stick up and it should sort the sound thing out too.

If you've not got 3GP then sorry for wasting your time explaining!

SalTheWop
April 9th, 2005, 13:36
Tried 3GP and PSP Video 9 , both with the same results.Only happens when converting a vob file (4.5 GB worth) ...is fine when converting .avi files of around 1.4 GB

Clare
April 9th, 2005, 17:26
Whenever I try to convert a movie using the QVGA/15fps/216kpbs Mono.32kpbs the audio is WAY out of synch.The only way it seems to stay in synch is by using one of the 29.97fps settings, which is great,quality wise ,but leaves me with a file thats too big for the 512mb card!!

I had problems with my audio going out of sync. I'm using RaPIZ, and found that instead of using the PAL option, I set it to NTSC and everything was fine from there on. RaPIZ also sets the filename and everything proper too!

SalTheWop
April 9th, 2005, 20:52
Whered you get it from?? Done a google ,but it either comes up in Spanish, or file not found!!