PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Question!

KCBlack
January 22nd, 2007, 01:44
I need to know this fast if possible because I want to order before I leave.

1)Which is better/more commonly used: DS-Xtreme or R4DS?

2)Is GP2XStore.com a legit site for DS-Xtreme purchase?

Thanks in advance.

VampDude
January 22nd, 2007, 01:56
DS_Xtreme

I would'nt trust a site I don't know, have you tried ebay?

KCBlack
January 22nd, 2007, 02:07
My dad won't let me get anything off of ebay. Modchipstore.com is a reputable site but are currently out of DS-X's. They have R4DS's though. Now I know that both DS-X and R4DS have like 99% rom compatability, but from my understanding R4DS is lacking a lot of homebrew compatability and I don't think there are any super amazing homebrew apps for DS anyway. But I already have a 1GB MiniSD so all I'd have to do is buy the R4DS alone for 44 bucks, which is a hell of a lot cheaper than 125 bucks. So can someone tell me why exactlyD DS-Xtreme is better?It has less space, it cost more money, and their both drag n drop.

kcajblue
January 22nd, 2007, 02:50
you can convert the R4 into an M3 DS.

KCBlack
January 22nd, 2007, 04:08
How/what does that do?

DanTheManMS
January 22nd, 2007, 04:16
The early releases of M3 Simply and R4 are exactly the same, and by bridging two connectors on the PCB with some solder, you can convert between the two.

However, they are starting to ship versions with different PCBs that cannot be converted.

KCBlack
January 22nd, 2007, 04:29
Well I have no need for converting. All I want to do is be able to play DS games. I just found out that a lot of download play doesn't work on R4 though. :(

DanTheManMS
January 22nd, 2007, 05:51
If you want to play DS games, you might be better off visiting your local Best Buy store, or other game store.

Unless of course you're talking about homebrew games with Download Play, which would be rather difficult seeing as there's currently no way to initiate the Nifi successfully through homebrew.

KCBlack
January 23rd, 2007, 00:48
Well I actually meant roms, which I no isn't allowed to be talked about here. But can someone just tell me which one has more download play games? I think I might just decide to get a DSX at this point.

xShrimp
January 24th, 2007, 03:07

sorry, but that will no longer be available. the new batches of r4 and m3 have different PCB's, making so that people don't buy the cheaper R4 and changing to an M3. smart move i must say. so and there also is a new packaging for m3dssimply

kcajblue
January 24th, 2007, 23:56
sorry, but that will no longer be available. the new batches of r4 and m3 have different PCB's, making so that people don't buy the cheaper R4 and changing to an M3. smart move i must say. so and there also is a new packaging for m3dssimplyi am aware of that.
i posted that before they started changing them.