PDA

View Full Version : Disc Reading Errors

Diplomat223
January 22nd, 2007, 02:11
Hey evreyone.

Anyways, I need help with my PSP, obviously. When I put in a UMD game in my PSP, it generates nasty crunchy noises like it is having difficulty reading it. I tried putting in the disc in first before turning it on, but that doesn't work. It says the SOny Entertainment Stuff and the the gray screen shows up. Then it just stays like that, not doing anything. I just bought MAdden 07 for it and now im dropped with this. I had previous issues in the past resulting me in returning my previous PSP. Im getting sick of this an im starting to lose my trust with SOny's defective products..

So please help. It will be greatly appreciated.

SSaxdude
January 22nd, 2007, 02:40
My PS2 (well actually both PS2s I've owned) both had disc read problems, but that's not here nor there.

If you have a 3.0+ and don't care about homebrew or hacking, I would send the PSP to Sony and they will fix it. I knew somebody who was having the exact same problem and he sent his PSP to Sony and they fixed it.

If you (like me) love homebrew and all, your best bet might be to have it repaired. I know there are sites (not off the top of my head) that can repair PSPs.

Diplomat223
January 22nd, 2007, 21:23
OK, i'll try that, but do I have to pay anything?

And what's the return deadline in walmart stores for a PSP. 30 days? Because I can still return mine...

splodger15
January 22nd, 2007, 21:24
Have you tried updating then downgrading

scarph
January 22nd, 2007, 22:40
nah its a hardware problem

not much you can do

xg917
January 22nd, 2007, 23:17
i get the same thing, but i dont care bout it much

acn010
January 22nd, 2007, 23:35
well, i know the problem and whats causing it,
first: the problem is that it may have some type of garbage stuck on the gears.
second: probably the motor wont give enough force to push and that may cause the clacking sound.
third: too much pressure build up that it may be the common problem.
solution?
yes, there is!:
first try to move the laser lens side by side with your fingers( make sure you dont touch the laser eye).
or another solution is try to hit it side by side of the psp. if its still a problem, you may have to open it,why? for this common reaason of pressure buildup.
if you know how to open your psp, i highly recommend you to open and strip out the face plate, then the menu buttons, the lcd screen, and the skeleton( a piece of metal that holds the screen and the above, the start playing with the lens till it moves :)
i have teached you what i know, and this is the way i made it work, its 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
acn010 :P

xg917
January 24th, 2007, 19:45
Thank You!!!!!!!!!! Moving The Laser Lens Fixed It!!! I Dont Hear A Sound Out Of It Anymor!

acn010
January 24th, 2007, 19:51
Thank You!!!!!!!!!! Moving The Laser Lens Fixed It!!! I Dont Hear A Sound Out Of It Anymor!

your welcome :D
this method only works for psp (thats what i think)