PDA

View Full Version : corrupt data icon for recovery mod

kaggy
January 22nd, 2007, 06:45
I just added the recovery files to my psp and unfortunately it shows up as a "corrupted data" icon. Is there any way to hide this icon? I've tried the "hide corrupted data icons" setting in the recovery but this didnt work.

mnuhaily22
January 22nd, 2007, 06:52
I think that stays unless you are in 2.71 SE, but it's no biggie, for me, I just put it on my momorystick when it messes up...
mnuhaily22

porchemasi
January 22nd, 2007, 06:54
same here, dont keep it on your memory card until u need it (PUT ON THROUGH USB TOGGLE ON RECOVERY MENU) understand?>

Mr. Shizzy
January 23rd, 2007, 20:37
I keep my recovery folder on my PSP with no update eboot in it. That way someone can't accidently "downgrade" my PSP. If I ever brick, "ill put the update eboot in it then.

xtreameracer01
January 23rd, 2007, 23:54
I just added the recovery files to my psp and unfortunately it shows up as a "corrupted data" icon. Is there any way to hide this icon? I've tried the "hide corrupted data icons" setting in the recovery but this didnt work.

Just fix it with the eboot fixer that came out awhile ago and then put it on the bottom of the list under the game menu....thats what i did...

MicroNut
January 24th, 2007, 04:03
The icons are arranged by folder creation and then file creation date.

Any change folder creation date app. can make this change for you.
I changed the creation date of my recovery folder to 2003 and sent it to the bottom of the list.

While it may still not be as easy as the eBootFixer
I have never been able to get it to work for me.
I have other personal Java apps that run fine and vb6 installed,
but that one always bombs on me.

So what if the usb function is broke when your psp goes belly up and you need recovery?
Is that possible?

iniquitous_beast
January 24th, 2007, 05:05
I left it as the only item in the GAME folder, then I renamed the GAME folder to something else and created a new GAME folder for my games. That way, all of the recovery files are in place. I simply need to rename the containing folder as GAME and I'll be good for a downgrade. Useful for when I'm away from my own pc. I can change that folder name from any pc this way.

kaggy
January 24th, 2007, 05:44
So what if the usb function is broke when your psp goes belly up and you need recovery?
Is that possible?

you can then take out the memory stick, load it into your computer and transfer the files. then pop it back into the psp.

MicroNut
January 24th, 2007, 06:09
Good Point
But then I would have find a PC or something with a MS reader or one that works with the adapter.
Have the recovery folder on disk or download it again.
Doesnt work for me.

Maybe a good place to have it on disk and ready to go is the good old 32MB MS that came with the PSP?

I don't fear the 1.5 recovery folder.