PDA

View Full Version : think sony will improve the psx emu?

kaggy
January 22nd, 2007, 19:35
Whats your guess? It looks to me like they've sort up given up on the psx1 games through the ps3 store. I doubt they made much money on people actually buying the games and transferring them to their psp. Think sony will continue to work on the emulator and release new updates (and new fully compatible games)?

jwilds73
January 22nd, 2007, 22:15
Are there any official numbers on games sold through the online store? If there is enough profit there then yes they will continue it and as some games require they would retool the emulator to run them.

kaggy
January 22nd, 2007, 22:57
I hope so. I dont have any numbers, but from what I've read on forums, sony hasnt released any new ps1 games for quite some time on the ps3 store. Can anyone with a PS3 comment on whether or not new games have been released recently?

MicroNut
January 22nd, 2007, 23:41
They should come across the same problems that we do.

It should follow that when new updates to the firmware are released the emu will be updated as well.

At that time games that we know are broken should start showing up in the playstation online store.

They could patch only the games.
And not update the emulator.

kaggy
January 22nd, 2007, 23:51
I doubt they would change anything with the games since the PS3 needs to run them as well.

MicroNut
January 23rd, 2007, 00:15
Then there is a good chance they will update the emulator.
This means a firmware update.

Sony may hold back on this because of security issues.

acn010
January 23rd, 2007, 00:41
i think they will, and the e boot? i think they will be encrypted in order to work with the emulator

MicroNut
January 23rd, 2007, 00:49
Good point.
I hope they don't get that draconian.
If history is any indication they just might.

kaggy
January 23rd, 2007, 02:10
hopefully their plan isnt to only release games that work with the current state of the emulator