PDA

View Full Version : Disc will not load

jalume
April 8th, 2005, 17:54
Hi,

I have just purchased and recieved Tiger Woods for PSP today. I purchsed it off ebay from a reliable seller (8000+ feedback), but it will not load. If the PSP is turned on with the game inside it just comes up with a frozen screen. If I turn the PSP on without a game inside, the menu's come up fine. As soon as I try to load the game, no umd logo will come up. I tried my 3 other games again and they work fine, so I do not see what the problem is. Any help would be much appreciated.

Corpsical
April 8th, 2005, 18:12
Uh-oh ... what region is your PSP ? and what region is the game?

Hope you dont say 2 and 1

Corpsical

unsungzero
April 8th, 2005, 18:14
UMD Gaming is region free.. unless game developers chose to use region encoding.

Corpsical
April 8th, 2005, 18:27
Precisley why I asked the question, didnt think any developer 'would' use encoding but maybe ...

Corpsical

jalume
April 8th, 2005, 18:28
UMD Gaming is region free.. unless game developers chose to use region encoding.

That is why I purchased a Japanese machine. I did my homework and found out the games would be region free and I could use it to play any English games I purchased. I hope EA sports have not put regions on there games. :(

Corpsical
April 8th, 2005, 18:37
Has someone here got both a region 1 PSP and Japanese PSP? ... if so could you try playing the Spiderman 2 movie in the Japanese unit , purely to see what error it gives,

If it just says 'no UMD' as Jalume encountered then maybe EA are going to encode their games,

If on the other hand it says 'Wrong Region' then we can discount that as the issue,

JALUME you could just have a defected UMD though, so I would certainly contact the seller to let them know you are having problems.

Corpsical

jalume
April 8th, 2005, 18:42
To my horror I have just looked on the back of the Tiger Woods box and seen a little box with a small world and the number 1 in it. I guess that answers my question! :mad:

Bring on a region free hack!

Vimes220
April 8th, 2005, 18:46
but i thought all games had a region codeing printed on the box, but the games still worked. Cos don't they all have region code's on the box

Corpsical
April 8th, 2005, 18:49
As far as I am aware Vimes220 , YES all software has a region code on the box, just wondering if EA are taking the option to 'control' the release of its software.

Corpsical

aseddon130
April 8th, 2005, 19:15
dont fookin say that - iwas gonna get Tiger Woods aswell ... NOOOOOOO (insert crying noises here)

jalume
April 8th, 2005, 19:25
I do not know what is going on. I have just tried my mates NFL Street on my PSP and it works fine (looks good!). It is also made by EA sports and purchased from the same buyer. If I wasn't confused before I sure am now? :confused:

Corpsical
April 8th, 2005, 19:28
Maybe you have a dud disc, did Tiger work in your mates PSP?

Corpsical

jalume
April 8th, 2005, 20:12
You little ripper!

Could be a bad thing, but after further investigation of the disc a piece of the umd case had broken from the case and wedged between the disc and cover. I managed to shake it free after a few minutes and to my relief the game is working. I does not say much for the protective case's of the umd as it was brand new. I hope this does not become a common fault, as it could easily scratch the disc.

Vimes220
April 8th, 2005, 21:22
doh :p

aseddon130
April 9th, 2005, 00:51
ive been thinking that maybe you have a dead disc, because if it had something to do with the region coding it wouldnt just say 'No Disc' or whatever but it would say something about the Region on the game

see the pic on this page, it would say something like this:

http://psp.ign.com/articles/596/596659p1.html

criptix
April 9th, 2005, 01:32
For a second there i thought u did what my idiot friend did... you will either fall out of you chair laughing or crying....

He had played mine on several occasions and broke down and bought a System and Dynasty Warriors. I went home and so did he..... well i live 45 minutes away from him so when i got home he had already called saying his psp wont load the game..... i went through the steps of telling him to take the game out reinsert it yadayada. Nothing worked so he came to my house. I turned the system on .... nothing i asked him where the game was, he said in the system I then opened the disc tray which was kinda stuck since the Pelican Screen armor was screwed in too much (which will keep the disc eject button from sliding back) and i was like huh.. there was no umd case inside so i was like wheres the game then i saw a small disc inside slide out into view...... i thought no he didnt. He confessed he had drank a few beers and the was gonna play it, he thought the umd case was some sorta of protection so he broke it off... he said it was pretty tough too. I shook my head in disbelief. To make a long story short we went back to town and he bought another copy....... 100 dollars for dynasty warriors.

Vimes220
April 9th, 2005, 06:23
lol - not quite off my chair, but my side are aching after that story. :D

criptix
April 9th, 2005, 06:42
the proof.. he let me keep it so it wouldnt haunt him of his stupidity
see kids this is why you shouldnt drink and try and play your new psp

Vimes220
April 9th, 2005, 15:19
the proof.. he let me keep it so it wouldnt haunt him of his stupidity
see kids this is why you shouldnt drink and try and play your new psp
good job it wasn't ridge racer or he would have been drinking and driving!:)

Corpsical
April 9th, 2005, 15:27
LOL!

Good to see you are retaining that sense of humour Vimes :)

I'm sure everyone has said the same, but while its hard to wait, it WILL be worth it ... just received my 1GB card, so have transferred a couple of Albums, 1 movie and 3 TV shows and still have 72MB left ... awesome piece of kit ...

PS. the above is not an attempt to 'rub it in', I know what you are going through, I was having kittens waiting for mine.

Stay strong :)

Corpsical

aseddon130
April 9th, 2005, 15:27
if a friend of mine did that i'd beat the sh*t out of him (HINT) ;)